Programme Manager (1-year contract), Lien Centre for Social Innovation
- Lead the operational implementation of the Centre’s international rural revitalisation initiative and various other programmes, that includes establishing diverse multi-sector partnerships (as appropriate) and incorporating monitoring & evaluation processes.
- Lead and support the Centre’s portfolio of programmes and multi-sector partnerships, in Singapore and internationally.
- Develop, implement and support new programmes & projects to support the strategic growth outcomes of the Centre.
- Facilitate the planning and delivery of the Centre’s strategy components in consultation with the Centre Director and staff.
- Lead impact monitoring and evaluation work to support to the Centre’s programmes, projects and organisational initiatives.
- Cultivate and maintain key stakeholder relationships to drive partnership-driven innovations across public, private and social sectors that contribute to the productive growth of the Centre’s work and influence.
- Supervise and mentor interns, students, programme participants, and others in relevant programmes.
- Organise, host and/or support Centre events, e.g. webinars, dialogues, conferences, information sessions, training & workshops, field visits, etc.
- Bachelor and/or Postgraduate degree.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience and skills.
- Theoretical grounding and field experience in the social sciences, particularly in the field of international development with an excellent grasp of global development and local social issues.
- Familiar with methodological approaches and data analysis [commonly used in social impact research and evaluation].
- Proven end-to-end project management, organisational and logistics management skills.
- Experience in securing and leading projects involving stakeholders / partners belonging to different sectors.
- Able to interpret data and provide consultative support for future action planning and development informed by data/research, with experience in field work and familiarity with methodological approaches.
- Manage effectively multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Work independently and be responsible for quality of work.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team to achieve desired results.
- Self-motivated critical and creative thinker with an ability to bring together diverse stakeholders and facilitate new ideas, and combine them to spark innovative actions toward positive social change.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, suited to different audiences.
- Experience in event planning, administration and management.
- Interest in contemporary social, economic, political, cultural and/or global affairs, coupled with regional or international experience.
- Experience and expertise in international development, social enterprise development, public policy, responsible business development, new technology, sustainable agriculture and/or other social purpose work with a strong innovation component is advantageous.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University