This is a critical role as Flawless Launch of a New Product or New Key Account/Customer requires a focused approach, good & tight cross functional coordination internally and with the customer to ensure launch readiness and smooth start-up.
The incumbent needs to be have a strong mechanical engineering background, design and shop floor experience and good leadership skills in planning , organizing , leading, communications and control skills.
Deliverables are meeting Quality Goals, Costs & >85% On-Time Delivery.
This position offers good career growth and can lead to a dedicated Key Account Manager position in Sales and or Plant Management.
This is a new position to focus on international strategic key account: SAFETECH Australia and possibly Hanaoka Japan.
Key Job Elements (Accountabilities) are:
- Provides Industrial Engineering Support & Standards
- Provides Manufacturing Engineering Support & Solutions
- Provides & Facilitate Facility Engineering Support
- Drive & Implement EHS Programs to achieve ISO requirements
- Implement Company Policy & Procedures
Key Job Elements (KJE)
- Key Account Management
In collaboration with Sales, meet the performance standards:-
- Attend all project review meetings with Sales & customer
- Keep an active archive of Customer drawings.
- Support Product Cost Estimates
- Build working relationship with Customer working level.
- Pay routine visit with sales to customer.
- New Product Launch
Project Manage New Product launch per the Performance standards:-
- Chair cross functional project review meetings
- Use appropriate project mgt tools /tracker
- Follows through on critical action items/milestones
- Develop Launch Checklist for Gate Reviews
- Hold formal Gate reviews for all functions to “vote” for “Yes” to start production. Address all concerns prior launch.
- Meet Quality Goals
Preventive Quality Efforts are important prior to Product start-up. The following Performance standard applies:-
- Collaborate with Design Engrg to hold formal design gate reviews
- Partner Quality Function to perform PFMEA and develop APQP plans prior launch.
- Partner Quality function to define KPC’s (Key Product Characteristics ) and KCC ( Key Control Characteristics) to achieve the goal of “Zero Quality Spill”.
- Participate trial builds and drive corrective actions needed prior launch
- Jointly with Operations, Quality & Design Engrg – conduct 1st Article inspection before mass production.
- Review Product Packaging Solutions for safe transportation & cost effectiveness .
- Meet Cost Targets
Collaboratively , with Sourcing & Engrg , support localization of import components to meet product materials cost. The following performance standard applies:-
- Track Materials Sourcing Readiness jointly with Sourcing
- Track Materials Costs and if out of budget, elevate for urgent reviews.
- Partner Engrg to develop alternative solutions as needed
- Joint Visits to Key Suppliers as needed.
- Review Logistics arrangement for cost effective solutions.
- Meet On-Time Delivery
Our goal is ≥85% OTP (On Time Performance). The following performance standard applies :-
- Partner Operations to review all aspects of readiness (4M+1E)
- Act as Point of Contact with Customer and Coordinate factory planning with factory planner whom reports to manufacturing.
- Drive OTP for at least 1 Qtr. during launch phase.
- Hand-over routine transactions to production manager when stable metrics is met (defined as Q-C-D objectives are in stable mode 3 months into new product or new customer launch).
- Implement Company Policy & Procedures
- Develop Annual Budget and Compliance
- Develop Written Procedures for project management ( checklists , gate reviews etc)
- Implement Company Core Values
- Write & Publish Mgt Weekly Reports by end of each week using standard forma
Other General Requirements
- At least 2-3 year of Design and Shop Floor experience.
- Good knowledge of Project Management. PMP certified candidates will have an added advantage.
- Knowledge of product or process of mechanical welding, painting, hydraulic & assembly
- With good oral & written English & Chinese communication & presentation skills.
- Positive, hardworking, self-starter and good team player.
SouthWorth (Shanghai) Lift Table Co Ltd