Production Technologist - Tuas
3M INNOVATJON SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.| Date Posted: 25-Mar-2021
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma
- Implements cost reduction programs to ensure efficient utilization of labor, materials and equipment. Identify production waste and recommends cost saving strategies and implements cost reduction programs.
- Train and groom Manufacturing Assistant to take up deputy Production Technologist job role.
- Coordinate meeting & follow up on action items during the supervisor’s absence.
- Lead and participate in the Kaizen project and Sigma initiatives.
- Assist and follow up for the completion of the Lean & Us suggestions put up by the group.
- Represent supervisor to attend meeting and presentations as and when required.
- Good knowledge of process and product understanding and resolve issues through effective problem solving skills.
- Interpret the production data and make adjustments to complex process issues to bring the operation into control by investigation into the source of the problem/issue.
- Co-ordinate with process/equipment engineer to qualify new products and equipment.
- Identify and highlight the root cause of the defects or problems during the production process. Makes adjustments to correct the problem.
- Ensures the completion of experimental/production operations by maintaining inventories of all materials within acceptable levels.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Chemical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience.
- Those without manufacturing experience but have 3 years of experience in current job supporting manufacturing may also apply.
- Good statistical background with knowledge of Lean/Six-Sigma methodologies
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to perform 12-hour rotating shifts
3M INNOVATJON SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.