Product Design Engineer
Univac Precision Engineering Pte Ltd | Date Posted: 29-Jun-2018
Entry Level, Experienced
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
- Meeting with clients to establish the design brief, including the concept, performance and production criteria.
- Brainstorming/problem solving as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD (computer-aided design).
- Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Sketching initial design ideas.
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials.
- Producing detailed, final hand drawings and specifications or, more likely, using dedicated computer software (CAD) to produce design specifications, including parts lists and costings.
- Making samples or working models by hand or using computerised prototyping equipment.
- Testing the design concept by computerised modelling or physical hands-on testing of models.
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
- Arranging meetings and liaising with engineers and other departments, including marketing, to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues.
- Degree or Diploma in an engineering or design discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in product development.
- Candidates without relevant working experience will be given training.
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD software.
- Knowledge in Minitab, GD & T is an advantage
Univac Precision Engineering Pte Ltd