Procurement Specialist (Pharma/ Contracts management/ Tenders)
Procurement Specialist will be responsible in 8 key areas:
• Continuity of Supply and Services
• Project Support
• Cost Control
• Stakeholder Management
• Supplier Relationship management
• Procurement Alignment
Within these key areas, as a Procurement Business Partner, you are
• the key contact to translate requirements of business requestors to Procurement activities, in accordance with Company's policies
• You will get support
- from the global Procurement team,
- the shared Service
- and your site Senior Procurement Business Partner
• to ensure the correct balance of resources is utilized to deliver projects, and as such be able to deliver best-in-class procurement support to the organization.
• You will monitor progress of requests and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor.
• You will have direct interaction with the GMS site management teams and multiple other functions at the sites.
• This position is responsible for the administration of procurement activities and supplier management for assigned categories, products and services.
• These activities include managing competitive bidding events, making recommendations to ensure best value for project owners, negotiating lowest total cost and optimizing supplier relationships.
• The incumbent will also maintain communications internally and externally to identify and resolve issues, which can impact operating efficiencies.
1. Continuity of Supply and Services
- Make sure that Site manufacturing operations are not impacted by non-availability of materials or services. This is a shared responsibility between Supply Chain (Planner Buyer Group, Production Planner), Quality (MLCM, Receiving & Inspection) and other relevant support functions at the Site.
- For suppliers in scope, lead communication around performance, projects, and complaints. Escalate issues whenever necessary to avoid disruptions in manufacturing.
2. Project Support
- Act as Procurement Subject Matter Expert in Global and Site Projects
- Make sure, supplier related milestones are met in supported projects
- Make sure newly sourced auxiliaries and services are available when needed in supported projects
3. Cost Control
- Create cost saving opportunities through competitive bidding, negotiations, etc., while maintaining ethical practices and win-win outcomes for both parties.
- Initiate or support projects that eliminate non-value added activities, increase quality and service and reduce costs. .
- Negotiate on behalf of company with suppliers on price, delivery and other terms in accordance with the legal policies and procedures.
- Know the spend and spend development of your assigned categories
4. Stakeholder Management
- Know the site budget relevant for the sourcing activities you are responsible for
- Be able to problem solve, recognize and anticipate stakeholder’s requirements and identify the urgency of these needs.
- Make prompt judgment calls and keep stakeholder satisfaction in a quality environment.
- Learn and deploy purchasing practices and procedures. Communicate effectively this information to all levels of management.
- Participate and represent Site Procurement in critical site meetings
5. Supplier Relationship Management
- Foster supplier partnerships. Focus on supplier development, implementing and monitoring procurement strategies into a "World Class" business environment. There is a high degree of supplier relation management at all levels, business allocation decisions and monitoring adherence to the tactical/strategic processes developed by the Global Category Management Team.
- Investigate or support quality in resolution of complaints.
- Monitor supplier performance in order to achieve global goals assigned to suppliers. Maintain and review supplier performance reports to ensure conformance to supplier management goals (cost, quality, service, delivery).
- Review and resolve supplier performance issues..
- Represent your site in Supplier meetings
6. Procurement Alignment
- Deploy global, regional and local procurement strategies and scorecards in order to optimize quality, services and costs. Achieve goals established in the strategic plan.
- Align Site Strategies and Site Requirements with Category Strategies and projects.
- Fulfil Procurement and Site reporting requirements
7. Sourcing Procurement Alignment
- Source new local/regional suppliers and assist in supplier evaluation.
- Lead/Support all sourcing relevant activities - from market analysis, bidding process to supplier selection in alignment with Category management and cross functional team (project team/users/requestors/Quality).
- Analyze quotations, contracts, etc. to ensure that proposals meet with company's standards, government regulations and accepted trade practices.
- Follow current Procurement standard sourcing processes
- Use current Procurement sourcing tools and documents
8. Compliance Sourcing Procurement Alignment
- Act as intermediate between Legal and Operations to establish contractual relationships. Address issues if any during the life cycle of the agreement(s).
- Supports supplier creation process and provide buyer/supplier data where applicable (e.g. Incoterms).
- Work with internal Quality Systems and procedures to insure compliance to all requirements.
- Document contracts in accordance with current Legal processes
- File critical supplier and material/service information for audit purpose.
• Possess minimally a degree in business, supply chain or related fields
• 3+ years Procurement experience with experience in sourcing, managing competitive RFPs/RFQs with stakeholders across multiple levels in an organization
• Preferred experiences:
o Experience in Pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
o Knowledge of Ariba e-sourcing system
Interested candidates please send a copy of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Email Subject: Procurement Specialist
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd