Procurement/ Purchasing Sr Exec/ Manager (Govt Org, Public Sector)
- Assign purchase order numbers and provide to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Review data provided by suppliers of purchase history, meet with stakeholders to understand par levels and analyze findings to share with administrators.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Provide purchasing support to various departments (internet research, catalog orders, and purchases from various vendor sources).
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
- Review contracts to best meet our resident needs in a cost effective manner.
- Responsible for development and implementation of vendor evaluation tool and periodic surveys to ensure good communication and expectations are met.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered. Create concise summary of findings and share with those team members where the offering is applicable.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Monitor contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time. Maintain good vendor relationships and maximize the use of our purchasing group membership. Evaluate vendors on a periodic basis.
- Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job. Analyze new technology and systems that can help to streamline our purchasing, delivery and receiving processes.
- Min Diploma or Degree in any related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in purchasing
- Knowledge of SAP
- Good in Excel
- Self-driven, maturity in communication and ability to work in collaborative manner
Interested candidates please send a copy of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] Email Subject: Purchasing / Procurement
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd