PROCUREMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
Req. ID: 124138
Recruiter: KELVIN LIEW
As a Procurement Program Manager at Micron Technology, you will be responsible for working with the leadership team to manage projects and programs including communication and change management. The Procurement Program Manager will provide direction and guidance for managing programs consisting of multiple complex projects to achieve specific business goals and objectives while ensuring balance in allocation of resources. Accurate design and tracking of programs and projects to predict results and outcomes is critical to success. Analysis of program and project progress in terms of root cause analysis, pay-back assessment, risk, resources consumption, interdependencies and gaps. The Procurement Program Manager, will and can be a Project Manager on specific projects that are associated to the Program. The Procurement Program Manager will participate and support audits (both internal/external), he or she is responsible to help coordinates preparation for such audits.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Initiate and Plan Projects
- Define scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with sponsors and stakeholders
- Define alignment of projects to purchasing areas of focus
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Define metrics using appropriate data sources
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team
Execute, Monitor/Control, and Close Projects
- Liaise with project stakeholders & sponsors on an ongoing basis
- Determine and assess need for additional resources during the project cycle
- Identify and manage project dependencies
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Manage and communicate changes to project scope
- Facilitate projects to sustaining mode or close out projects
Manage Project Team(s)
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate project team members
- Provide recognition for progress and project member contributions
Improve Project Management Processes
- Conduct project post-mortems and create recommendations based on successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Identify and implement best practices, and use experience to evolve internal processes
- Ensure alignment of project management business processes with PPMO team
- Promote Project Management value and business practices to the organization
- Provide Project Management Expertise
Program and Project Management process and associated documentation
- Communicate and train Purchasing team on project approval process and use of project management templates
- Maintain project management documentation templates (close-outs, charter, SIPOC, SWOT)
- Use the Purchasing Program and Project SharePoint site to coordinate and report project highlights, status, and timelines
- Participate and take an active role in Program workshops
Provide Business and Data Analysis Support
- Research and analyze data
- Create and manage Procurement data and reporting environment
- Develop and manage organizational processes and information systems
- Provide industry intelligence to support Procurement
You will need to participate in Site Audits and manage Site Compliance on Procurement.
For business process and/or QMS component that one is responsible or accountable for:
- ensuring the QMS/business process that is effective and conforms to requirements;
- ensuring that the processes are delivering their intended outputs;
- reporting on QMS/business process performance and opportunities for improvement to management;
- ensuring the promotion of internal and external customer focus throughout the organization;
- ensuring the maintenance of the integrity of the QMS/ business process when changes are planned and implemented.
- ensuring customer requirements are met
As a Site Process Steward/Key Assistant with the responsibilities:
- Is an active member in business process review and improvement discussions among the site and the System Level Process team.
- Hold site process review (quarterly for non-manufacturing processes and monthly for manufacturing processes.)
- Responsible for introducing standard methods and deploying standard tools to his site.
- Accountable for organizing process audits and demonstrating compliance to standards.
- Act as the point of contact for bi-directional process communication (corporate ¢ral groups ßà local site). Work in alignment with related steering committees and Business Alignment Teams(BATs) where applicable.
- Develop and maintain site specific process artifacts (when required by System Level Process).
- Report process performance to site management.
- Participate in the Business Process Management Center of Excellence (BPMCOE) when/if applicable.
- Maintain local procedure, workflow, checklists as job aids for the performers.
- Conduct regular reviews with site leadership.
- Business Administration/Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Related field of study
Able to assemble, manage, mentor, and grow cross-functional teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Working knowledge of software systems and database structures
- Experienced with working with third party suppliers in difficult and demanding situations
- Presetting to higher management
Certified/qualified auditor will be an added advantage
- 2-5 years of experience in Procurement Sourcing /Supply Chain/Supplier Management/Product Compliance activities (Manufacturing, QA, Marketing, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, along with excellent computer skills
- Good communicator
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Entry || Regular || Materials/Purchasing || #LI-KL1 || Tier 3 ||
Job Segment: Program Manager, Procurement, Developer, Supply Chain Manager, Information Systems, Management, Operations, Technology