Procurement Engineer (Mechanical)
To achieve best possible cost savings while ensuring the most beneficial supply base for the company. This includes the strategic relationship, the contracting, performance review and improvement of the supply base.
- Commodity Management Modules & 3rd Party suppliers on a global base
- Negotiate contracts with non-product and product related suppliers (PR & NPR) with support and agreement from Director Strategic Supply Management
- Negotiate prices based on open calculation, lead-time, landed cost, and total cost (focusing on projects)
- Be an interface to the Product Group and ensure early involvement of Strategic Buying and suppliers into all relevant internal and external project activities
- Work with the supplier to agree on corrective actions to resolve escalated issues or look for alternative suppliers when necessary.
- Tight coordination with the local and global Material Management department, which is managing the Purchasing, the Logisitics and the Incoming Quality Control (IQC)
- Make sure that all necessary purchasing parameters (vendor data, contracts) are given and stored properly and take appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Prepare analysis and statistics to control and support the sourcing strategy and the strategic planning.
- Contribute to the definition, drive the implementation and executes the company’s Supply Chain Strategy
- Ensure the establishment of a competitive global supply chain which provides for sustainable reductions of total cost and integrates seamless into the purchasing and production (assembly) processes
- Search, select, and qualify preferred suppliers to support the business requirements
- Proactive improvement of the quality along the entire supply chain in close cooperation with all involved departments (Product Group, Research & Development, Material Management, Finance).
- Ensure the availability of up to date supply market information.
- Technical education preferably in Mechanical or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a technical/engineering product background
- Experience in global sourcing (Asia/China)
- Experience in supplier qualification, auditing and corrective action processes
- Good supply market knowledge
- Good knowledge in contracting and good negotiation skills
- Able to optimize the supplier relationship by combining supplier’s and internal processes, building trust, measuring and developing suppliers
- Good understanding of the supply chain and of the critical production and assembly processes
- Constructive and productive thinking in cost terms
- Competent treatment of suppliers
- Good PC-Knowledge (MS-Office package)
- Experience in SAP/R3
To apply, please click "Apply Now" or visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for job reference: 17126
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Tan Wai Peng | Registration No: R1104671
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD