Process Engineer, GE Repair Solutions, Singapore
The Process Engineer will be responsible for special processes. Special process include technology such as plasma spray and laser welding.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Initiate, evaluate, select and/or develop new equipment and new repair technologies
- Provide leadership and take ownership of assigned special processes to enhance robustness, efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for new capital equipment and facilitates recommendation, revaluation, selection, installation and commissioning
- Lead and qualify development or new repairs that will be approved by Engineering
- Develop an aggressive continuing cost reduction program on the assigned special processes for all applicable products
- Interface with and support other units to ensure a totally integrated and effective approach to overall business plans and strategies
- Generate and maintain adequate technical records of the experiments and parametric studies leading to documented processes
- Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering
- Knowledge of repair of Gas Turbine components and laser welding will be advantageous
- Experience in engineering processes would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology will be an added advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.