Principal/ Vice Principal (International School)
Roles & Responsibilities
Under the direction of Invictus’ Academic Board, the purpose of the job is to be Invictus’ management representative at the Primary/Seconday School, as well as to be the senior class teacher at the school.
- To be the Head and a contributing member of the school’s management team.
- To provide leadership in managing the day-to-day operation of the School.
- To liaise with Invictus’ Academic and Examinations Board with regard to:
- Teaching & learning activities at the School – these are to be in line with the curriculum and ethos of Invictus.
- Staffing at the School – so that the standards and methods of teaching are in line with those determined by the Academic Board.
- To liase with Invictus’ Administrator (or her/his representative) with regard to:
- The school’s budgetary process and the implementation of the approved budgets.
- The school’s administrative processes as captured in Invictus’ Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), which includes matters relating to admissions, contracting of students, maintaining student records, etc.
- To liaise with the Principal of the other Campuses (or her/his representative) with regard to achieving a ‘seamless transfer’ of students from Invictus’ Primary School to the Secondary School.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure compliance with relevant statutory regulations as well as Invictus standing operating procedures (SOPs).
- More specifically, the managerial duties and responsibilities include:
- The day-to-day supervision of the other teachers, as well as teacher assistants and any support staff that are appointed to work at the School.
- Being the ‘first-line’ to deal with any matters that parents with children at the school may raise, including questions about the child’s academic progress as well as their general well-being. (Matters that cannot be dealt with at the School are to be referred to the Academic Board).
- Interacting with the school’s parent body in order to bring about effective communication between the stakeholders in the school.
- To perform all of the duties required of a regular primary/secondary teacher in the delivery of classes as called for in the school’s prescribed curriculum - the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) by Fieldwork Education - as well as in the specialist field as offered by the candidate; either as a Maths/Science specialist, or a Language/Arts specialist.
- To participate in professional training as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree plus teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Higher degree or recognized professional qualification (preferred) Evidence of continued relevant professional development
- Experience in teaching primary/secondary grades in international schools (Grade 1- Grade 12)
- Experience in an international school environment
- Experience with IMYC/IPC (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Please send a cover letter explaining how your teaching experience will add to the Invictus school community and your CV to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].