Principal/Senior/Speech and Language Therapist (Full/Part-time)
Extra•Ordinary People is a charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) striving to enable and support persons with special needs. We adopt an ecosystem approach towards enabling and empowering youths with special needs to live independently, be work ready, work able and sustain employment. We strongly believe in providing a holistic support, including and involving parents/caregivers in the process.
Working in close collaboration with other professionals (therapists from other domains, job coaches, counsellors etc.) we are looking for dynamic and passionate Speech & Language therapists to join our team in journeying with these youths and their families.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver evidence-based speech pathology clinical services, i.e. assessment, intervention, case management, regular progress updates
- Provide clear, relevant and practical home/school strategies to caregivers
- Work closely with members of the integrated therapy team to ensure best practice and high-quality care
- Work with caregivers and other relevant professionals to design Individualised Educational Plans (IEPs)
- Provide professional input to the integrated therapy team’s case discussions
- Work with members of the team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes
- Recognised Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech Pathology
- Full registration with the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in working with youth and young adults with special needs
- Appointment as Principal or Senior Speech and Language Therapist subject to work experience
Extraordinary People Limited