Extra•Ordinary People is a charity and Institute of Public Character (IPC) striving to enable and support persons with special needs. We adopt an ecosystem approach towards enabling and empowering youths with special needs to live independently, be work ready, work able and sustain employment. We strongly believe in providing a holistic support, including and involving parents/caregivers in the process.
Working in close collaboration with other professionals (therapists from other domains, job coaches, counsellors etc.) we are looking for dynamic and passionate Occupational Therapists to join our team in journeying with these youths and their families.
- Knowledge and use of occupational therapy theories, models of practice, principles and evidence-based practice
- Ability to determine the need for an occupational therapy evaluation and to select and administer appropriate assessment tools to evaluate clients’ needs
- Assess and identify client’s needs with respect to various occupational therapy issues
- Develop and carry out intervention plans or programmes to address the client’s needs
- Evaluate and monitor progress to review effectiveness and relevance of intervention plan
- Participate in multi-disciplinary case discussions
- Provide regular feedback to caregivers to update on the client’s progress
- Provide clear, relevant and practical home/school strategies to caregivers
- Diploma/Degree/Masters in Occupational Therapy
- Full registration with valid practising certificate with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC), Singapore
- Minimum experience of 4 years
- Relevant work experience with children and young adults with neurodevelopmental disorders and/or special needs
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
Extraordinary People Limited