Principal Policy Officer (Social Policies)
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 11-Sep-2020
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
This role will support social policies development. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Social Policy, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- To develop platforms for the organization's units to discuss and formulate positions for social policies.
- Develop and review current social policies, policy variations/updates and research plans in line with the organization's overall strategic outcomes.
- Assess and identify areas for strategic policy reviews, determine review scope and supervise the conduct of reviews.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders for consultation and co-development of policy.
- Shape or conduct studies to deepen understanding of low wage manpower issues and gain insights on effectiveness of the organization's initiatives and strategies.
- Work with the Strategic Communications Department on advancing the awareness and adoption of uplifting measures.
- To staff Policy Forums
- Degree in International Studies/Political Studies/Economics or related fields.
- To be able to conduct policy and data analysis.
- Ability to think analytically and critically, and possess intellectual flexibility and socio-political sensitivity
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills, and able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Overseas exposure in foreign policies will be highly advantageous
Andy, Wee Ben Ann License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1552080