Principal Counsellor and Counselling Head
At the Centre for Effective Living (CEL), we are committed to building people and celebrating effective living. Founded in 1988, our team has worked closely with many local and multinational organisations in identifying and maximizing the potential of individuals and teams, and in prompting and maintaining psychological well-being and growth.
Duties as Principal Counsellor and Counselling Head are as follows:
- Provide counselling or psychotherapy to individuals, couples, or families, either in individual or group settings, to enhance their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Develop content and conduct psychological-related talks / workshops for organisations.
- Man the 24/7 Crisis Hotline as planned according to the roster.
Responsibilities as Principal Counsellor and Counselling Head:
- Co-manage in the planning and scheduling of the crisis response team with the business development unit.
- Manage a team of counsellor in day-to-day administration and manpower requirements.
- Manage and plan the Crisis Hotline roster.
- Provide structure and guidance in handling the Crisis Hotline.
- Oversee the professional development and well-being of the team and as individuals.
- Provide guidance and supervision to professional counsellors on the management of difficult and challenging cases.
- Adjudicate on behalf of counsellors in the event of disputes, allegations, complaints or any other incidents of similar nature.
- Mentor interns in their practicum when needed.
- Spearhead the creation of market-appropriate psychological-related talks / workshops, and engage with the business development unit to roll these out to corporate organisations as well as private clientele.
- Manage the allocation of psychological-related talks / workshops to the Counselling Team, and discuss with the Clinical Head where the involvement of the Clinical team is required.
- Coordinate, manage and discuss clinical matters and structure with the Clinical Head
- Organise and develop new counselling services together with the business development unit.
- Communicate the strategic plans and policies of the Company on behalf of the Directors to the Counselling Team
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Directors.
- Trained and experienced in supervision work.
- Trained in couple work.
- Trained in different modalities.
- Minimum 10 years in counselling, including delivery in couple and family work.
- Registered Supervisor with the SAC (Singapore Association for Counselling)
- Able to perform leadership roles, e.g. leading initiatives to improve counselling services
- Supervise and guide junior counsellors to ensure high standards of professionalism in service delivery.
Preferred Achievements / Characteristics:
- Ability to speak a second language or any other dialects or languages.
- Ability to conduct training an added advantage.
- Ability to conduct career counselling and leadership coaching as an added advantage.
Centre for Effective Living Pte Ltd