Primary School Science Specialist (Teaching Associate)
Does Teaching Science Spark Joy?
Are you a passionate and driven undergraduate/graduate who is looking to accelerate your career in the education sector?
The Pique Lab is looking for three (3) full-time Teaching Associates to help serve our fast-growing community of students.
To share with you: Over the past 6 years, we’ve helped over 4,563 primary school students achieve extraordinary improvements in their Science results (As & A*s). This would not have been possible without our team of passionate teachers, backed by our robust learning methodology.
Here’s the thing: We’ve set ourselves a big, bold goal of helping 10,000 students by the end of 2020 and we need help to get there.
To grow together as a team, we need teachers who find joy in nurturing inquisitive primary school children and yearn to work in a supportive environment where they will help kids achieve their wildest dreams.
More importantly, we need people who believe in the power of "grit" and "doing whatever it takes".
You’ll start your career with us by going through our Teaching Associate Programme. In this programme, you will learn our strategies immediately in the first month and start seeing massive breakthroughs in our career as a primary school Science expert.
From then, we’ll pick up the pace & it gets really exciting.
1) Learn & apply our proprietary, proven methodology, Complete Concept Integration™ and create massive value for hundreds of primary school students. (This methodology has been proven to work for over 4,563 primary school students in over 40 different primary schools achieve As and A*s in Science.)
2) Get the first hand experience of strategising and creating new educational products that will help thousands of primary school students learn faster, easier & more effectively (… and trust me, that’s a heck lot of fun!)
3) Learn how to plan, research and design experiments for students to make Science concepts more relatable to them. You’ll be given the autonomy to create incredible learning experiences for your students. (Hey, learning Science under you would never be the same again!)
4) Work tightly with the co-founders & be exposed to different facets of the business – sales, marketing and business development. (Activate the entrepreneurial bug in you & join us in using "growth hacking" techniques to reach out to a massive audience in a short period of time!)
5) Learn how to build & enhance your personal brand and position yourself to be a highly respected teacher in the private enrichment industry. (Teaching is often frowned upon as a career that is undervalued. With our strong digital marketing & operations experience, we'll help you make your time & effort worthwhile in this highly competitive industry.)
And many other growth opportunities... (Too many to list down here.)
What Does It Take To Be An Associate?
1) Strong Background in Primary School Science: You should have a strong understanding of the subject matter. It'll be advantageous if you had prior experience teaching in a MOE environment or have taught primary school science in the private tuition space.
2) Intense Passion For Education & Learning: You should ideally have an unwavering commitment towards delivering an amazing learning experience for our students.
3) Strong Perseverance: You must be committed to mastery and be willing to put in the hard work to learn as much as possible. It’s common to expect putting in extra hours during the training phase to get your fundamentals right. Trust me, it’ll pay off eventually.
4) Full Commitment To This Programme: This will be a full-time training opportunity. If you were to take up this position, you cannot be holding another full-time job or running your own business on the side (...even side hustles are not allowed). If we were to invest 100% of our time & money to grow you, we expect that you to reciprocate & do the same as well.
5) Know What You Want: You have a clear idea on what you intend to pursue in your career. We are looking for associates who can commit for at least 3 to 5 years. Many of our full-time teachers stay with us for the long haul because they can grow together as a team & be rewarded well under our care.
6) Fast Learners & Ability To Think On Your Feet: You’ll be learning a lot of things during the training period. If you cannot catch up with our pace, you’ll be left behind. How fast you achieve 'expert' status largely depends on how fast you learn & apply the strategies & techniques taught.
What’s In It For You?
1) Those who join us will have a bright future with us. We have a very exciting plan to develop a comprehensive education ecosystem and you’ll play a part to helping us shape this. Of course, you’ll be reaping the rewards together as we grow further. We’ve crossed 7-figures last year & we have strong ambitions to develop into a 8-figure company within the next 2 years.
2) You will be personally coached by highly sought-after PSLE Science Specialists during the training period. We will give you our full attention during this training period to get you to a professional standard that all of our teachers have. You'll get direct access to our proven strategies, techniques & skills we use coach & inspire over more than 3,000 primary school students.
3) You can make a highly lucrative income within 2 to 3 years or even faster, if you’re driven and push yourself to achieve excellence. We’re known for paying our teachers very well because we understand that they’re integral to our company’s success. (The remuneration that we offer will vary depending on the skills & experience you bring to the team)
4) We have no qualms about investing in your education. We want all of our teachers on our team to succeed & that includes you. We’ll help you learn from the best & you can apply what you’ve learnt on your own students.
Here’re Other Perks That You Can Look Forward To:
1) Competitive Remuneration: For entry-level team members, you can expect to draw a salary between S$3,400 to S$4,500 a month within the first year of employment. Team members who have proven to be capable were able to earn their promotion to Senior Associate within 2 years and also achieved performance bonuses of 3 months and more. We also cover your CPF when your join our team.
2) Mentorship & Regular Feedback: We want all of our team members to succeed and that includes you. We like to work with team members who can take criticism well & are driven to create better versions of themselves.
3) Abundant Career Progression Opportunities: We offer two different specialisation tracks for teaching associates: Specialist Track or Management Track. Your performance and potential will be evaluated regularly to assess your suitability. There will also be flexibility for movements across both tracks, so long as you satisfy the requirements of the role.
4) Company Socials: We celebrate birthdays over awesome food & drinks and we travel aboard for team retreats. Meals on weekends and school holidays are also fully taken care of by the company.
5) Company Amenities: We have a full-fledged kitchen in our residential apartment for our team members to relax and unwind. Feel free to freshen up using our shower facilities after jog or swim in our private pool.
6) Medical & Dental Benefits: No one in our team should ever worry about the cost behind seeing a general practitioner or a dentist. We will take care of the tab during your downtime & help you get back on your feet.
7) Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Feeling peckish? We have a wide galore of snacks and drinks in our fully-stocked pantry for you to enjoy. Or how about a cup of coffee? Our coffee machine brews all sorts of coffee at a push of a button. How does that sound?
The Pique Lab Pte Ltd