Pricing & Contracts (TPEB),Senior Analyst/Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities
The position has the responsibility of assisting in the management of Transpacific Eastbound pricing and contract matters with Beneficial Cargo Owners (BCO) by developing, recommending, and implementing pricing strategies and positions with the Commercial teams in North America and in Asia to ensure that APL is able to achieve the highest yield possible given the market conditions. This position is responsible for negotiation with sales and customer service for new rates in line with trade objectives in addition to serving as a subject matter expert and an advisor to the Sales/Trades Directors on pricing strategies. This position requires active communication with the North America and Asia sales team on rate requests and contract tenders.
- To ensure timely responses to pricing, bid, contract and rate enquiries are in accordance with strategic TPEB trade objectives, revenue, volume and contribution targets.
- To analyse, evaluate, research and process all pricing, bid, contract and rate enquiries for the exports from the Asia to North America region.
- To ensure all contracts and rates filing are implemented and executed in conformance to our contract clauses
- Review and draft contract proposals and amendments, prepare Trade service contracts in a timely and accurate manner
- Acts as advisor to Sales/Trade Directors on pricing strategies, ensuring that recommendations have high probability of success and contribute to revenue stream
- Perform analysis of Rate/Cost/Competition for bids and contracts cargo
- Liaise with PAC on issues of proper process of rate filing and contract management
- Research and analyze tariff, pricing, bid, and contract related issues and information.
- To monitor and track TPEB contracting progress and performance
- To monitor and track actual customer contract performance.
Education : Bachelor Degree Preferred
- At least 3 years of Shipping/Logistics Experience, particularly in areas of pricing and yield management
- Full Microsoft Office Applications including macros, query and database tools
- Strong command of English
- Possess strong PC and analytical skills.
- Strong customer focus and action oriented
- Good problem solving skills and time management
- Ability to use systematic approach in problem solving through analysis and evaluation or alternative solutions
- Ability to use logic, mathematics and other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions
- Ability to read and understand legal contracts
- Able to communicate clearly
- Meticulous and driven for results