PLANNING MODELING SENIOR ENGINEER
Req. ID: 120605
Mission of the Manufacturing Central Team
- The mission of Micron’s Manufacturing Central Team (MCT) is to provide leadership to improve operations capability, manage the execution of global business processes, and leverage world-wide resources to achieve industry-leading manufacturing
- MCT team members grow through global experience, develop a network of worldwide contacts, and gain a new level of business acumen and perspective on Micron’s business. MCT team members may travel to Micron sites worldwide, providing an opportunity for personal enrichment and increased understanding of different philosophies and cultures. A position with MCT creates opportunities to build independence, communication skills, negotiating and influencing skills. Process and innovation management skills gained in the MCT continue to bring value to team members and the Micron network alike, far into the future.
As an MCT Operations Modeling Engineer in the Manufacturing Central Team at Micron, you will be part of the IE (Industrial Engineering) team that is primarily responsible for the MOR (model of record) business process, Greenfield scenarios, Database PDM, ADCS, MiCAP review and mananagement. Runs through the yield program reqments through Contingency Lists Impact Study, Vendor model introduction analysis Models (CoO, NPV, Impact).
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
FAB Process Knowledge
- Proficient knowledge of wafer process and traveler flows for main products.
- Understands high-level factory limitations.
Planning systems, applications, computer and MIcrosoft office skills
- Advanced knowledge of planning systems and tools (PDM, LPI, MICAP, DataNav)
- Understanding of system interaction, adept at extracting data from various systems, some ability to prototype software solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize Office to develop presentations, manage projects and perform all other IE tasks in an effective manner.
- Capable of performing GeRM Recipe Lookup in order to validate accuracy of the PDM model.
- Proficient use of database to validate workstation rpt and utilization data.
Operations Modeling –Model maintenance
- Advanced ability to maintain accurate model (process flow, model metrics, tool of record) across multiple functional areas. Considered a key contact for and engages in constant communication with Fabs, TD and MCT with transparent and comprehensive documentation.
- Validates and maintains Fab T model metrics, documents and communicates differences between POR, MOR and Fab models with a high level of attention to detail.
- Utilizes RPT models to validate TD, vendor inputs and estimate production RPTs.
- Understands impacts of MOR changes to Fab capacities.
Operations Modeling –area benchmarking/optimization
- Leads Fab network benchmarking and alignment meetings.
- Detailed understanding of RPT calculating, filtering and selecting.
- Work with Fabs to document and close gaps between actual performance and world class performance.
- Participate in tool level optimization studies for throughput enhancements.
- Coordinates area specific reuse activities between sites.
- Continually working with partners (KEG, TD, Fabs) to understand future tool and process roadmaps and integrate into Fab capacity planning. This includes used tool reallocation.
- Ability to influence POR based on efficiencies and / or financial impact.
Operations Modeling – Capital analysis
- Complete a thorough financial analysis before new capital equipment is purchased which includes metrics optimization, process flexibility, capacity sharing and used equipment.
- Ability to utilize existing CoO and NPV tools/ templates.
- Ability to provide and evaluate modeling options that enable lowest cost of operation.
- Systematically reviews and Area Capital during the Capital Cycle
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- The ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Exceptional customer focus on the operational need of the Fabs. Being able to translate their needs to the TD, MCT PEE/PIE
- Ability to influnce decision making in various team meetings like TD, PEE and others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively through multiple levels of management and organizations.
- Knowledge and practical application of statistics, data analysis and problem solving.
- An understanding of Manufacturing Science (scheduling, inventory management, capacity planning, lean manufacturing, TPM, etc…).
- The ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Travel will be a requirement of the position and is expected.
- The willingness to work flexible hours as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Operations Management (POM), Information Systems, Computer Science, Process Engineering or combination of education and related industrial engineering work experience is required.
Location: 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Process Engineer, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.