PLANNER/Assistant PLANNER (semiconductor industry, fast-paced environment, SAP)
Our client, a listed US multinational corporation and leader in its field, is seeking a suitable individual to join as Planner.
The Planner will specialize in planning activities involving production control, inventory control, process control or shop floor control / Material Resources Planning (MRP) integrity. Specific job duties include, inter alias, the following:
- Maintain SAP work order release schedule that provides material on-time to manufacturing and engineering including rescheduling and/or technically completing work orders as required.
- Increase component availability at time of release by performing pre-shortage analysis. Perform work order variance analysis.
- Review MRP execution and ensure accuracy of information; this includes reconciling supply and demand and validating master scheduling and/or PDS requirements.
- Review and ensure proper disposition of Engineering Change Orders (ECO's). Perform regular system maintenance and audits to ensure system accuracy. Prepare status reports of all ECOs and ECRs in process
- Participate in floor audits with Finance and resolve WIP issues. Attend production meetings and provide status on material shortage commit dates.
- Change "make" level lead times in accordance with reality on the manufacturing floor.
- Work with Engineers to manage materials for special engineering projects, working with work centers on shop floor control activities.
- Inventory Control – Analyze usage data and stock levels to order parts to satisfy service levels; maintain inventory levels per plan and expedite shortages; may forecast spare parts needs. Examine material variances, resolve problems where possible, and/or communicate more difficult problems to management. Assist in setting up new inventory systems or modifying existing systems, when necessary; assign appropriate expediting duties to expediters. May manage obsolete inventories.
- Process Control – Participate in identifying root cause and corrective action from PCI reporting and metrics, drive cycle counting.
We expect the successful candidate to possess:
- Diploma or degree qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment (less experience required for Assistant Planner role)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent hands-on working knowledge of SAP
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
If you are keen to pursue this job opportunity, please email your detailed Word format resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume], quoting "Planner" as the subject matter.