Perm Librarian/Senior Librarian @ Clementi (Tertiary Institution)
• 5 days work week
Develop and implement strategies and initiatives for research and teaching support and other user services.
Plan, design and deliver instructional services and programmes to foster students’ information and digital literacy.
Coordinate, develop and maintain online research guides, tutorials, digital learning objects, website content and other materials to support student research needs.
Provide reference assistance and research consultation services. May involve evening/ weekend virtual desk shifts.
Lead the communication and promotion of primarily electronic resources/ collections and services through the library’s digital engagement platforms, collaterals, events and other publicity channels.
Work with colleagues, faculty and other stakeholders to initiate and develop activities to support scholarly communications.
Perform collection development and related activities.
Analyse, monitor and report on services and related activities and programmes.
Establish policies, standards, practices, procedures and workflows for the provision of information services, and ensure operational efficiency and compliance with University policies.
Train librarians and other library staff in alignment with service expectations, professional roles and the University mission.
Lead and/ or participate in library-wide initiatives and projects.
Identify and evaluate emerging trends and developments relevant to academic libraries and higher education, particularly in the areas of research support, instruction, access services and scholarly communications, and recommend best practices for a digital-first library.
Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
Assist Director, Digital Library Services (University Librarian) with library administration.
Perform covering duties and other departmental or organisational accountabilities as necessary or assigned.
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Master’s degree in library science or information management.
- Recognised degree, preferably in the humanities or social sciences.
- 5-7 years of experience in instruction/ teaching, reference/ research support and outreach services as well as access services and scholarly communications, preferably in an academic library.
- 3-5 years of experience in a management/ supervisory role.
- Experience working with bibliographic management software, repository systems, and web publishing tools such as LibGuides and WordPress.
- Proficient in the use of technology, library management systems and social media.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and strong visual/ design sense.
- Ability to effectively supervise, mentor and train staff.
- Ability to work independently as well as foster teamwork and collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Ability to take a user-centred approach in the provision of library services.
- Ability to thrive in an evolving work environment.
- Keen interest in pedagogy and emerging library and educational trends and technologies, communications, journalism and marketing.
Interested applicants, kindly email your detailed resume (MS Word format is preferred):
[Click Here to Email Your Resume].sg (Reg No: R1107390)
Please ensure that applications sent through email are no bigger than 1Mb.
We thank all applicants for your interest but regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.
Success Human Resource Centre Pte Ltd (EA License Number: 97C4832)
1 Sophia Road, Peace Centre,
#06-23/29 Singapore 228149
T: 6337 3183 | F: 6337 0329 | W: www.successhrc.com.sg
Success Human Resource Centre Pte Ltd