Pastry Chef Instructor
Roles & Responsibilities
Pastry & Bakery Chef Instructor will provide training & instruction to all levels of students and deliver the programme content in accordance with Edutrust Criteria, and Internal SOPs, Policies and Processes and thereby meeting the required quality standards set by the Academy from time to time and championing student success.
Make recommendations on improvements to the delivery of courses, content, knowledge and skills as part of the continuous improvement to achieve excellence and improve our competitive advantage. Follow the relevant SOP’s and required Governance before implementation of recommendations.
Provide support and coaching to students where required to ensure their success and avoid any deferment of withdrawal. Make referrals to Student Services where students show signs of needing support
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR ACTIVITIES
- Preparation for lessons in advance to deliver the required curriculum
- Provide high quality experiential education to students to achieve high level of student satisfaction as determined by the Academy
- Ensure students are successful and complete their course as per course requirements.
- Maintains academic standards of delivery in teaching and assessment and complies with Edutrust Criteria and internal SOPs policies and processes. (Refer Instructors TLA Handbook
- Preparation and attendance at meetings and line-up
- Ensure student evaluations and grading SOPs are executed accurately and as scheduled.
- Ensure that safety procedures in the kitchen are adhered to by the students.
- Promote and instill high standards of food safety, hygiene and cleanliness in the working environment.
- Lead and encourage students to participate in pastry or bakery competitions.
- To be a role model to students and colleagues and uphold At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy standards (grooming, punctuality, honesty and integrity).
- To be proactive in keeping food costs within the allocated budget and seek improvements to reduce food wastes.
- Provide EasyChef Lab and License businesses with faculty support when required
- Support in other business areas as required by the Academy from time to time
- AdHoc assignments from management
- Cultivation and maintenance of Industry Relationships
- Preferably Degree in Culinary Arts / Pastry & Bakery or equivalent qualifications
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) is required to teach WSQ programmes.
- English is required. Mandarin and other European languages will be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Pastry & Bakery