Part-Time Flexi Teacher
Love interacting with children? Passionate about learning and inspiring others to learn? Enjoy working in a creative, dynamic and vibrant environment? At The Alternative Story (TAS), we empower teachers to do what you love & love what you do.
Our belief is that learning can be creative, fun yet effective and teachers play a key part in bringing this learning experience to our students. No more boring classes, dazed faces & glazed eyes. With our team of teachers, children love learning and enjoy their lessons in TAS every week!
As a part-time teacher, you solely focus on teaching, gain more flexibility in your schedule to teach classes and have the potential to earn up to a full-time job's salary. Want to be a part of the team? Find out more about the position below and join us today! Check us out at thealternativestory.com!
- Enjoys working with children and able to connect well with them
- Passionate and energetic
- Hungry and willing to learn
- Engaging, clear and effective in communication
- Committed to delivering lessons with excellence
- Personal drive to progress and change
- Great team player that is willing to help out in other related roles
- Open to receiving training as a teacher and teaching according to our team’s pedagogies
- Prior experience with teaching children is valued
- Likes to work in a vibrant and dynamic environment
- Familiar with the Primary School English syllabus and its challenges
- Preferably has experience teaching primary school children in a classroom setting
- Candidates who have just graduated from University/equivalent levels of education are welcome to apply too.
- Singaporeans only
- Degree holder and above
- Training is provided
Expectations and Incentives
- Willing to commit for at least one FULL academic year (Jan 2020 – Dec 2020)
- Commit to take at least 4 classes (each class is 2 hours), including at least 2 classes on the weekends (Friday to Sunday).
- Able to work on weeknights till 9.30 pm, Fridays 2.30 pm to 9.30 pm and on Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Willing to undergo training (may be expedited, depending on teacher's progress during training period)
- Probation of 3 months (including training period)
- As a Part-Time Teacher, you will be paid by the hour and based on the number of registered students in each class.
- Hourly rate will increase based on class size and effectiveness of teacher
- Training happens on weekdays (usually Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays) and observation classes happen on weekday afternoons, Friday nights and weekends.
- Training includes theory and practical aspects such as mock teaching, class observations, and taking of certain segments during classes.
The Alternative Story Learning Centre Pte Ltd