Paramedic / Relief Nurse [Part-Time / Relief]
Interest applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Sunday, 4 October 2020.
Paramedic / Clinical Nurse [Part-Time / Relief]
UWCSEA is looking for part-time or relief Paramedic / Clinical Nurse(s) at its East Campus from September 2020. The succesful incumbent will be required to work during the College’s term days on following shift:
- 3pm to 7pm (Monday to Friday) or,
- 7.30pm to 7.30am (Monday to Thursday)
Note: The successful incumbent will be requested to work another shift &/or during the College’s holiday period to cover staff on leave.
- Attend to and provide high quality medical support and paramedic services according to College standard operating procedures and policies during the school’s onsite Sports and Activities programme.
- To report any incident related to health, risk and safety environment resulting in that accident.
- To be familiar with and incorporate UWCSEA Guiding Statements and Policies with nursing care when appropriate e.g. Statement of Supervision, Child Protection Policy, UWC Mission and Values, UWCSEA Movement, etc
- Ensure first aid medical equipment and items are 100% ready to go, inclusive of First Aid Boxes in the Sports Facilities
- To safely administered Singapore Regulatory Classified General Sales List and Pharmacy Only medication within the specifications of the College Clinic Medication Policy
- To be familiar and knowledgeable with UWCSEA medical policies regarding teaching staff and their families and administration staff, provide confidential advice and/or support to students and staff as necessary and ensure proper record keeping for all health related issues and ensure it is maintained in the College’s internal system
- To maintain safety and transparency with reports of errors and near misses documented in Incident Forms.
- To participate in the development and implementation of policies and protocols which promote safe, healthy outcomes and are in line with the overall philosophy of UWCSEA.
- Minimum NITEC in Nursing or Higher NITEC in Paramedic & Emergency Care/ Certified Paramedic Level 3 (State Registered Nurse with the Singapore Nursing Board preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in first aid.
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) & AED Certificate, First Aid Certification.
- A committed interest in working with school aged children, young people and their families and in providing a professional and caring service to the College.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and make decisions in a high pressure environment with rapidly changing workloads and situations.
- Excellent communication skills and service orientation.
- This role is defined as 90% outdoor medical cover within the campus and outside the campus.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
United World College of South East Asia