Oracle Database Manager
Confidential| Date Posted: 1-May-2020
EA Licence No: 0
Bachelor's / Honours
- Ensure the correct functioning and maintenance of all internal and external systems and products serviced by Service Operations
- When required, act as the customer SPOC and co-ordinate the scheduling of intervention with Customer's, internal resolver groups, and the Service Desk ensuring the highest level of customer services and communications are maintained to resolve the fault and incident within the prescribed SLA.
- Carry out incident and problem management support to the highest standards and co-ordinate the resolution with the appropriate resolver groups
- Ensure shortest restoral times possible, initiating the timely escalations to specialized resolver groups inside and outside, according to the customer contracts, SLAs and monitoring requirements
- Manage the replacement of faulty equipment through the use of spares, and ensuring the timely replenishment the spare according to prescribed availability and sparing policy.
- To ensure the Service Operations team adheres to the highest working standards for all incidents and problems by providing guidance, support and direct management.
- Proactively detect problems related to service and infrastructure operations and delivery services, conduct diagnostics and provide service request ownership to ensure resolution of customer problems
- Support the senior team members in the management, reporting, and co-ordination of day-day tasks during absence of the Lead Engineer
- Adhere to installation guidelines and industry best practices to deliver quality service and infrastructure operations
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the installation, intervention, and repairs in accordance with Service Operations and Delivery guidelines and instructions where provided
- Report and escalate to the next level those problems which cannot be fixed
- Carry out preventive and proactive maintenance of equipment and monitoring of systems and services in accordance with agreed schedules and customer expectations
- Perform Change Management, Configurations, Design and Implementation of the supported Product & Systems
- Manage local suppliers in the provision of services for the Service Operations centres and report on services provided to management.
- Conducts the analysis, definition, documentation and testing of application & systems enhancements
- To provide onsite support to Users during the cutover of the services
- Continuously identify and document lessons learnt, known errors and operational knowledge for improved services
- When/where required, be contactable for escalations and support, on and on-call standby basis during out of office hours.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent Telecommunications in-country qualification.
- Oracle Certified Professional
- ITIL Foundation v3 Certification
- 8 years IT experience in following technologies:
- Oracle 12c Administration, RAC, Partition, ASO, DB Vault, Data Masking, GoldenGate.
- Support and administer DB environments in line with company standards
- DBA Administration in previous roles including health checks, Problem investigation in error logs, Fix PROD issues, Fault reporting, Fault recreation in Staging Environment
- Monitor, Provide DB performance statistics and reports when requested
- Manage DB backups and recovery of the Oracle database
- Able to troubleshoot GoldenGate issues
- Support application team during releases
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
- Apply database patches to DB environment
- Upgrade DB when need arises
- Perform preventive maintenance support in DB environments
- Ensure all components in DB environments are monitored via company standard monitoring tools and act on pro-active alerts
- Work on root cause analysis during major problems and outages
- Involve in DR exercise planning and testing
- Work with 3rd party vendors to fix complex DB related issues
- Able to Collaborate with DBA architects, Product owners on DB optimization
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, Oracle 12c, Application DBA responsibilities, fine-tuning
- Provide application support when need arises
- UNIX/Linux OS knowledge
- Scripting knowledge - Shell, Perl, Python