Veolia Singapore | Date Posted: 4-Jul-2018
Manager, Senior Manager
Bachelor's / Honours
integrated chemical waste treatment facility and related infrastructure.
You will first work as a Commissioning Manager and upon successful completion of the commissioning phase, once facility is fully functional, you will work as Operations Manager
(i) Commissioning Manager:
- Reports to site Project Manager.
- Prepare commissioning schedule including prerequisites necessary to milestone completion.
- Prepare organisation, testing, roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and witness the main commissioning activities.
- Chair daily meetings with all stakeholders.
- Supervise all the activities of each commissioning Engineers.
- Communication protocols, meetings and reports, planning and progress follow-up.
- Prepare checklist of pre-requisites and system pre-checks (including all related auxiliary systems and subsystems).
- Prepare system testing and commissioning test programme.
- Prepare pre-start-up checklist, start up, testing and commissioning procedures.
- Prepare test forms and daily report formats.
- Prepare taking-over procedure.
- Work closely with EHS Site Manager to ensure safe commissioning activities.
(ii) Operations Manager:
- Ensure smooth operation of the Facility using best practice operational techniques.
- Ensure permanent reliability of the process control and supervisory systems.
- Manage the Operations to meet KPIs.
- Provide recommendations to improve safety, profitability and reliability of units.
- Analyse operational incidents and make recommendations or changes in procedures to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain the assets of the Facility and implementation of CMMS.
- Develop safe and efficient working practices for thermal, chemical, biochemical, and physical chemical processes.
- Manage deliveries, treatment, and transport on site and residues removal.
- Manage the operation budget and, more specifically, energy and chemicals consumption
- Advise on the recruitment of the personnel in charge of the operation tasks and ensure that appropriate training is provided to such personnel.
- Ensure that all the required safety and environmental procedures are applied.
- Ensure that operational reporting is conducted in accordance with the contractual requirements, management requirements and quality procedures.
- Degree or Master in Chemical Engineering / Environment Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 years of operations / process engineering experience in the following sector: Chemical or Hydrocarbon Processing Industry, Cement Industry, Merchant Navy, Power Plant or Environmental Business.
- Preferably 1st grade Steam Boiler Engineer Certification.
- Results oriented individual with robust technical abilities.
- Able to work independently and in a team to achieve departmental goal of lean production.
- The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of plant equipment and processes, plant engineering functions, applicable governmental regulations and safety procedures, usually gained through experience.
- This position requires an in-depth and expanding knowledge of the engineering disciplines with exposure to a wide variety of practical engineering experiences and challenges.
- Familiarity with engineering systems and best manufacturing practices and a proven track record of relevant successes in improving the cost of manufacturing and working through others.
Successful candidate will be working in the main office located at 15 Tuas View Circuit Singapore 636968. Company transport is provided.
Veolia is one of the largest environmental services organizations in Singapore. We are providing integrated waste management solutions to industrial, commercial, municipal and residential customers, including collection, sorting and recycling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, industrial services as well as public cleansing.