Operations Director/ Manager (Healthcare, Medical, Multiple Centres)
- Under the general direction the Nursing Director and with oversight from the Executive Director of Business Operations, the Operations Manager is responsible for a variety of supervisory, administrative, and financial non-nursing functions.
- The Operations Manager has responsibility for Service, Operations/Finance, Data Management, Personnel Management, Materials Management and Equipment, Quality Control and Data Collection and Reporting.
- As a lead member of the Patient Care Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for responding to need of patients and family members and takes a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit.
- This role will also be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of schedules, payroll, patient classification, and other systems to support the patient care unit.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- As a member of the Patient Care Team, the Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the patient and family members are attended to in a professional manner.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for responding to the needs of the patient/family members in a timely manner and maintains a professional and friendly demeanour at all times.
- As a lead member of this team, the Operations Manager is also responsible that other members of the team are responding to the needs of patients and families in a timely and professional manner.
- The Operations Manager will work cohesively as a member of the Patient Care Team, and will take a proactive role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the unit.
- Maintains hospital service standards, with particular attention to personal/behavioral, staff teamwork, and patient-staff interaction guidelines.
Operations And Finance:
- Works cooperatively with the Nursing Director and Nursing Finance Manager to develop and maintain systems for collecting information to measure unit (s) of productivity.
- Monitors management report expenditure, reports findings to Nursing Director and initiates plan as appropriate.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of budget information
- Completes weekly payroll (s) and enters data for schedules and actual staffing into
- Staff system. Maintains Patient Classification system daily.
- Maintains staff records (i.e. use of sick time, FMLA, per diems, time schedules, staff turnover, license renewal, in-services/competencies, educational records.
- Meets with Executive Director of Business Operations on a frequent basis and as needed to ensure consistency of processes.
- Manages relevant databases, promotes security of information along with maintaining and auditing data to ensure quality control of systems.
- Primary systems include scheduling, payroll, and patient classification.
- Develops and maintains systems to ensure confidentiality and integrity of patient record in compliance with hospital policies, procedures, and standards.
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures and systems which assure the effective operational functioning of the unit.
- Produces and maintains management data related to the operational needs and projects.
- Supervises the daily activities of the Unit Coordinator to ensure optimum performance.
- Oversees the maintenance of confidential personnel, changes of status, terminations and personnel requisitions.
- Ensures completion of Annual Infection Control, Fire and Safety, OSHA, and other regulatory requirements and maintains records.
- Participates in hiring, terminating, and performance evaluations of unit coordinators and other personnel as directed.
- Schedules unit coordinators time and approves changes, as appropriate.
- Oversees and/or coordinates department orientation.
- Supports Staff as a resource in information systems.
- Coordinates and maintains systems for: (a) control group of inventory levels: (b) outside purchasing of supplies and equipment and capital equipment.
- Establishes and maintains levels of regular supply items ’
- Keeps audit trail of equipment ordered and received.
- Ensures that equipment is safe and in proper working condition in coordination with other departments.
- Maintains accurate inventory of equipment essential to unit.
- Collaborates with Patient Care team in obtaining information/planning on new products/technology; facilitates the introduction of new equipment/supplies.
- Generates and submits operating and capital budget requests based on the unit/patient care needs in conjunction with appropriate resources.
- Collaborates with Nursing Director to keep unit regulatory ready, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory guidelines and ability to participate in unit quality programs.
- Participates in quality improvement projects.
- Member of Safety Committee, as assigned.
- Participates on Nursing, Hospital, or Partner’s Healthcare System teams, as appropriate.
- Assists Nursing Director (s) in creating and implementing systems with filing and distribution of information (i.e. policy changes, announcements, staff meeting minutes and maintains bulletin boards, email lists, and manuals.)
- Completes special projects. Develops and participates in projects to enhance operations.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Min Degree in a related field from a recognized university
- Min 5-10 years experience in clinical operations
- Excellent communication skills is a must
- Good management skills of team
If you are interested in the position, do kindly drop your most updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] (Attn: Ops Director/ Manager - Leon)
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd (Healthcare & Lifesciences Division)
EA License: 99C4599
Recruit Express Pte Ltd