- Singapore location
- 2-year contract
- Newly created role
The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is an intermediary organisation positioned between the domains of policy, research and practice within child, youth and family services. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to achieve the most desirable life outcomes for vulnerable children, families and communities through informed use of evidence in practice, programming and policy.
The role of the Operations Coordinator is to provide operational guidance and administrative leadership to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of CEI’s growing Singapore office. This includes office coordination, support for key projects, and provision of day to day administrative support to CEI’s Singapore practice leaders.
- Oversee the management of the Singapore office facilities, ensuring a professional and welcoming presentation, at all times.
- Coordinate and provide support to tender response processes.
- Assist in report writing, presentations and proposals. Support electronic proposal preparation and submission.
- Manage financial tracking, reconciliation and reporting of incentives and travel expenditure associated with large scale projects.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of office meetings and team events.
- Coordinate and work closely with the Melbourne Operations team to ensure good communications and smooth functioning of operational processes.
- Provide direction and supervision for the office Administrator
- Review office administration processes and identify areas for process improvement and simplification.
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee office vendor management.
Administrative assistant responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact between the Singapore Directors and internal or external stakeholders.
- Oversee diary management, organising meetings, taking minutes and booking meeting rooms.
- Draft correspondence and respond to emails on behalf of the Singapore Practice Leaders.
- Take minutes for key meetings and following up on action items.
- Support Singapore credit card reconciliations, payroll processing and other administrative finance activities.
Human resources responsibilities
- Provide support and coordination for recruitment processes, including completion of MOM processes and documentation.
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new staff, including casual resources and interns.
- Coordinate HR activities and processes with Melbourne team, including liaising on payroll and HR matters for Singapore team.
What you will bring:
You will be a proactive and enthusiastic member of the team with a demonstrated ability to solve problems through informed, analytical and critical thinking. Your strong sense of integrity, professional ethics and commitment to evidence informed practice and policymaking will see you build and influence well-developed relationships and support the ongoing growth of CEI. Your highly developed interpersonal skills will see you engage with stakeholders effectively and impart high-level information clearly and in a manner that is understood by all.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in operational functions and in managing a medium to large, multi-department office environment.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to provide effective guidance and direction.
- HR coordinator experience, including an understanding of HR processes, labour laws and compliance procedures.
- An intermediate-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional and friendly demeanor with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Can do attitude and a proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and information.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, with an ability to manage competing demands in a dynamic environment.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to be proactive and positive in solving problems.
- Eager to participate and contribute to a learning environment, with a commitment to the ongoing development of a strong team culture.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and thrive in an environment of high accountability.
- Understanding and knowledge of Quality, OH&S and Equal Opportunity principles.
What’s in it for you:
- Agile work environment
- Competitive salary reflective of skills and experience
To apply for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
Applications close Tuesday 9th July
Position Description – Operations Coordinator
We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note: The Centre for Evidence and Implementation (CEI) is founded by Save the Children Australia. Being a child-safe organisation, all employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Centre for Evidence and Implementation