VP, Operational Risk Manager, Group Risk Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.
- Liaise with business/support units in the first line on all operational risk management matters, including:
- engage, discuss and facilitate the annual key risk and control self-assessment;
- monitor operational risk indicator trends and engage the first line when there are any breaches to assess whether action plans are required;
- advise on operational risk incident reporting matters and follow up on action plans;
- review product programmes to ensure operational risks inherent in supporting such products and services are addressed; and
- review and provide feedback to outsourcing assessments and due diligence by the first line.
- Support and respond to queries on the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) system, a group-wide operational risk, audit and compliance management information system.
- Perform periodic testing on specific modules in the GRC system.
- Conduct training to the first line on operational risk programmes, tools and GRC system including reports.
- Perform analysis on ORM data for ad-hoc management reporting.
- Perform targetted modelling on Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) for analysis and reporting purposes.
- At least 10 years' in first line assurance or second line operational risk management.
- Degree holder or its equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Experienced change agent to promote and sustain a strong risk culture in the Bank.
- Excellent communication skills; at interpersonal level and in front of a wider audience.
- Strong team player.
- Results oriented and versatile, able to prioritise and multi-task to complete tasks within deadlines.
- Self-starter with initiative and strong drive to achieve high quality work.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experienced in advanced Excel programming.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)