Online Programmer (Video & Online Game)
- Critical role of the team - ensuring millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience
- Great exposure and learning opportunities within a global Video Game developing firm
Our client is a leading game development firm in the Asia Pacific and is part of a global video game company. The Singapore branch has been here for more than a decade with a multicultural team of over 30 different nationalities.
The Online Programmer will assist with the implementation of online features. You will also work as a key part of an Agile development team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implementing practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
- Implementing code that is modular, self-contained, defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Conducting regular peer code reviews, identifying potential issues within the code, raising flags and proposing solutions.
- Keeping abreast of changes related to online gaming within the industry.
- You possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and have at least 3 years' professional experience.
- You have solid C++ programming and debug skills with ideally basic knowledge of other programming languages such as Python.
- You have knowledge about server and database programming, distributed systems, online services and basic security concept
- You possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the current generation of gaming consoles (PS4/XBoxOne) would be highly valuable.
- You have a keen interest in the video game and online gaming market.
Snaphunt Pte Ltd