Officer (1 Year Contract), Clearing & Giro Services
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
- Processing of cheques for clearing, checking of cheques for acceptability, data entries and verification
- Handling of enquiries/escalations from branches, business units and contact centre
- Handling of exceptions including calling of customers
- Verification of inward cheques and IBG clearing operations
- Processing of GIRO applications, customer and account data maintenance, etc
- Minimum Diploma holder from approved Institutions or
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in the same position (in branch banking or back office operations, particularly in area of cheque and GIRO clearing)
- Good with numbers, fast and accurate with processing & data entry
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Excel, Words & Powerpoint
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)