Occupational Therapist (Disability Care)
The Metta Home for the Disabled were set up in December 2000 to offer community care options to adults with intellectual disabilities who are aged between 18 and 55.
Funded by the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS), the former is a purpose-built facility designed to accommodate 103 residents, whereas the latter is supported under the MSF and Tote Board Social Service Fund to provide day care services for a capacity of 50 beneficiaries.
Our programmes aim to equip all recipients with the skills and means to lead independent and fulfilling lives, so as to achieve social integration and quality of life.
Tending them with holistic care and working closely with their primary caregivers to provide well-rounded support is a multi-disciplinary team comprising a social worker, training officers, staff nurses, assistant nurses, nursing and therapy aides.
As an Occupational Therapist, the candidate is responsible in the following areas:
- Responsible in meeting the overall therapy needs of the clients
- Maintain records and reports of clients on their assessment, treatment/intervention and evaluations
- Provide training for the therapy aide, trainer and volunteers who may be assigned to assist in exercise therapy, supervise them while they are at work
- Attend meetings such as case conferences, admissions/discharge committee, MSF/NCSS and any other requiring a therapy representative
- Initiate, recommend and upgrade the development programmes of the client, supporting the parents and trainers toward the goals
- Propose, purchase (subject to approval) and maintain therapy equipment, make an inventory of all therapy equipment
- Carry out baseline evaluation (yearly) of all the clients and subsequently present the report to the Manager
- Conduct in-house training programmes as and when required
- Participate in donor/volunteer/fundraising events
- Any other duties as assigned
- Minimum Diploma/ Degree in Occupational/ Physio therapy.
- AHPC full registration required
- Ability to converse in mandarin and local dialects would be advantageous
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Hardworking, meticulous and responsible.
- Service oriented with good communication skills
- Training & Development
- Annual Leave