The world is our classroom at OBS,
Harness the outdoors and inspire our youth!
About Outward Bound Singapore
Outward Bound Singapore (OBS) is part of a world-wide adventure-based training network in more than 30 countries. We are a leader in outdoor education in the region, and have inspired more than 500,000 youths over the past 50 years. OBS is a division of the National Youth Council (NYC) in the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth.
To Serve, To Strive and Not To Yield
As an OBS Instructor, you will coach our youth and help them to discover their strengths through a rigorous outdoor education experience. You will lead expeditions across land and sea, motivating our youth to persevere and work as a team. Your personal determination and leadership qualities will shape Singapore’s next generation. OBS is expanding, and we are looking for passionate leaders to join our family and share the outdoor experience.
- Fresh graduates with Degree or Diploma are welcome to apply
- Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident
- Passion for engaging and developing youth
- Able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Team player who is driven, effective, and resourceful
- Relevant experience and/or active sporting or outdoor background will be advantageous
OBS Instructor Selection Process (ISP)
OBS Instructors are selected through an immersive 3D2N outdoor expedition - participants will go through mentally and physically challenging activities to demonstrate their strength and grit. At the end, selected candidates will be invited for a final panel interview with Management. If you have what it takes, start by joining us at the next ISP briefing.
At the briefing, you can speak to current instructors and hear important information about the ISP.
The ISP is a physically demanding programme, if you have any of the medical conditions below, you may not be advised to participate for your safety.
- Breathing problems, e.g. exercise induced asthma
- Blood disorder, e.g. anaemia
- Severe obesity, e.g. Body Mass Index (BMI) above 35 due to obesity
- Epilepsy/fits/seizures, e.g. any attack within the last 2 years
- Unavoidable allergens resulting in severe allergic reaction, e.g. traces of allergen or insect bites
- Severe Behavioural and/or psychological conditions, e.g. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Any condition requiring administration of injections or medical equipment support, e.g. Insulin, Epipen
- Any condition that may impair movement and/or adversely affect safety to self or others during the course
National Youth Council