NVMQRA QUALITY AND RELIABILITY TEST DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - SSD
Req. ID: 112171
As a Non-Volatile Memory QRA (NVMQRA) Solid State Drive (SSD) Quality and Reliability Test Development Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for developing, debugging, and maintaining test programs used to validate Micron's SSD products. These test programs, and any associated tools, will be utilized from early in the product development cycle through the qualification till end of life. You will analyze and resolve failures that are generated by these programs. In this role you will work with various engineering groups to evaluate, implement, and verify corrective actions, as well as with production to provide support. You will be required to modify, write, and maintain code that runs on automated equipment to verify the reliability of the device-under-test (DUT) to a given set of conditions. Additional software responsibilities may include development and overall management of the SSD qualification database. You may also participate in the design and checkout of the hardware that is used to interface between the tester and the DUT.
In this role you will work with various Engineering and Quality Reliability Assurance Groups to provide technical support, expertise, consultation and training. You should expect to support customers both internal and external to Micron on an on-going basis.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Develop, support, and maintain quality / reliability test solutions:
- Optimize test flows for maximum alignment with design and test equipment capabilities
- Ensure availability of the necessary test programs and the database interface to support engineering and qualification
- Develop tools to enable efficient usage of a large-scale test bed
- Create and maintain documentation (flowcharts, users guide, developers guide)
- Ensure validation of test, tester, and data system solutions
Perform device reliability analysis and characterization:
- Identify product Technical Spec Matrix (TSM) and datasheet parameters to characterize
- Validate a device’s margin to spec
- Characterize the test environment and identify best known solution
Analyze test failures to determine the root cause of the issues:
- Work with the cross-functional engineering teams to identify root-cause and resolution of device failures by utilizing tools available; e.g. tester and device logs, oscilloscope, logic and BUS protocol analyzers.
- Provide failure documentation to engineering teams
- Modify test flows for failure isolation, replication, and to prove fix effectiveness
Provide SSD QRA test environment support:
- Troubleshoot problems and identify opportunities to improve process efficiency (automation, reporting, training)
- Provide qualification tools, references, and software
- Sustain activities to keep qualification and testing in alignment with requirements (scope, schedule, costs, resources)
Provide quality / reliability software support:
- Generate customized engineering test flows for experiments and evaluations
- Develop software tools for analyzing reliability test data and failure modes
Required: Masters’ Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Desired: PhD in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
2-3 years of experience in any of the following:
- Applied knowledge of software development in multiple languages (C, C++, Java, Python, etc.), with SQL and database management experience a plus
- Applied knowledge of automated test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, logic and/or interface protocol analyzers
Knowledge of Solid State Drive Product/Device
- Basic knowledge and understanding of wafer fabrication process
- Basic knowledge and understanding of device physics
- Basic knowledge and understanding of NAND device operation
- Basic knowledge and understanding of managed NAND operation
- Knowledge of various managed NAND protocol standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, or NVMe .
- Strong knowledge and understanding of semiconductor reliability statistics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
Site: MSB - 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Quality || Entry || Regular || Engineering || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Quality Engineer, Developer, QA Tester, Science, Engineering, Technology, Quality
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.