NVE Systems Media Sustaining Engineer
Req. ID: 119848
As a NVE Systems Media Sustaining Engineer within the Media Architecture Group/SSD Product Engineering at Micron, you will be responsible for the sustaining engineering of Micron’s wide portfolio of system products. This is a key creative and development position where you will provide guidance and direction to improve the overall quality Micron products by applying system and component expertise. As such, candidates are expected to be proficient subject matter experts in system integration, system debug, data gathering, and failure analysis.
Successful candidates for this position will:
- Work in a high-profile role within the Media Architecture Group/SSD Product Engineering providing sustaining engineering expertise for Micron’s current portfolio of system products.
- Collaborate across various engineering groups in order to resolve system products customer issues along with manufacturing issues in a timely manner.
- Leverage and consult with advanced subject matter experts, to develop a broad knowledge base for local engineering groups.
- Drive media management, manufacturing, system quality data analysis and reporting.
- Support the development and optimization of system manufacturing firmware.
- Create tests, failure analysis processes, and methodologies that quickly and reliably produce media related solutions and results.
- Drive successful test and reliability engineering programs that advance solid state memory in Micron’s system products.
- Set the bar for quality and excellence in product design and test methodologies for Micron’s system products.
- Interface with NAND Functional Validation Team to developed well-crafted and targeted validation tests.
- Provide direction for SSD/Managed NAND and Component NAND test alignment and yield optimization.
Successful candidates for this position are typically capable of demonstrating:
- Technical expertise on media and read channel integration.
- Leadership competency on a variety of projects and activities within the data storage industry.
- Successful product development results with data channels and data recovery.
- Experimental test development and data collection practices that enable the interpretation and presentation of results that guide decisions, advancing media and read channel development and failure analysis.
- Demonstrate meaningful, accurate, and timely feedback to engineering and business partners, positively impacting their function.
- Successful partnerships with internal and external subject matter experts, advancing product development outcomes and setting the direction for future system products.
- Effective communication and interaction with remote development, manufacturing, and quality teams; improving existing and future product performance.
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) in Electrical Engineering (or a related field) with at least 7 years of experience.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in the data storage industry.
- Hands-on experience and skill in developing algorithms, test scripts, as well as component level failure analysis of memory and error correction within a lab and/or production environment.
- The capability to clearly and succinctly document requirements and drive them into future Micron system products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of computer architecture (hardware and software), including general system data integrity.
- Strong leadership skills and cross-functional teamwork, including experience as a subject matter expert in the area of storage media integration.
- Self-motivated and intense problem solving skills, including a propensity to seek new solutions.
- Willingness and capability to travel both domestic and international.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Firmware, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.