NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd| Date Posted: 1-May-2019
You will provide support to the Staff Nurse and Enrolled Nurse in the delivery of nursing care to the residents and help maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for them. You play a key role in providing residents with basic care on a daily basis, attend to their needs and notify an attending nurse of any changes in the physical or emotional state of a resident.
- Ensures the safety, comfort and well-being of the residents and reports resident's needs to the nurse.
- Ensures good personal hygiene of the residents under her/his care, e.g. bed bath/shower bath, changing of clothes and bed sheets and tidiness of the room.
- Checks, monitors and records residents' vital signs such as temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure
- Assists the RN in nursing procedures and treatments, ensuring residents take their medications
- Assists in serving meals and drinks and help maintain fluid and nutritional needs of the resident
- Assist in the transfer and positioning of non-ambulant residents
- Assists in the conduct of daily exercise for the residents
- Assists in organizing visits for residents to go for medical check-ups; arranges transport and accompanies residents to the hospital/polyclinic for follow up appointments
- Alerts nurses to emergency situations. Where necessary, take first responder actions to mitigate the emergency.
- Maintains accurate documentation of care given
- Other duties/procedures as assigned
- ITE Skills Certificate in Healthcare
- WSQ Higher Certificate in Healthcare (Nursing Care)
- Preferably 1 year relevant experience
- Possess positive work and learning attitude and good interpersonal skills
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED