Nurse Manager (Residential Care)
NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd| Date Posted: 7-Jul-2019
Bachelor's / Honours
Lead and guide the team to provide safe, high quality, efficient and cost effective care to residents and their families.Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and other stakeholders in order to develop, implement and evaluate programs and services for the residents. Oversees the multi-disciplinary team, consisting of registered and enrolled nurses and medical social workers. Evaluating performance, providing feedback, mentoring and contribute to staff professional development. This position will be based at Chai Chee Nursing Home.
- Quality and Safe Care
- Is responsible for the compliance of all nursing standards as stipulated by Ministry of Health and Singapore Nursing Board.
- Leads quality assurance activities to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care. Ensures quality audits and planned and conducted periodically. Follow up with areas of corrective improvements.
- Ensures written policies and procedures and work process are available and up to date to guide the provision of nursing care.
- Monitor the smooth transition of the residents from acute to chronic care and back to the community, where possible.
- Direct care of the residents to ensure compliance to standards.
- Ensures appropriate skills mix and adequate manpower resourcing for all shifts and types of services.
- Direct and facilitate staff development and competencies upgrading, in-house training, including latest nursing techniques; and implement new techniques or procedures where appropriate.
- Guide orientation/induction programmes and preceptorship for all new staff.
- Degree in Nursing
- Valid practicing certificate issued by the SNB
- Valid BCLs certification
- Preferably with two-three years' experience as Nurse Manager in a nursing home / geriatric ward