Summary of Role
You are responsible to lead and manage the Dialysis Clinic to deliver holistic care by assisting in all aspects of the management to achieve maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness in the facility while maintaining a safe environment that is supportive of optimal patient care.
You will also collaborate with all healthcare and allied professionals to achieve quality outcome in the day-to-day management of the dialysis patients at the clinic under your management. You are responsible for the professional development of the staff in the clinic to ensure continuing education for the benefits of the staff and patients. You could also be tasked to work on special/ad hoc projects assigned by Head Office.
Management of Clinic
- Plan, lead, organize and control the business and operations of clinic. This includes prudent financial management, performance for smooth operations and effective use of the resources at the Clinic including operating and capital equipment budget process.
- Support and communicate company organizational structure, philosophy, objectives, goals, policies and procedures. Act as stimulus in facilitating the clinic to implement new ideas and programs. Ensure administrative procedures are adhered according to company policies.
- Maintain compliance with rules and regulations of local regulatory agencies governing private healthcare institutions eg MOH.
- Responsible for performance in Clinic Balanced Score Card (BSC) and Clinical KPIs.
- Collaborate with Management in the development of long term business plan for the clinic.
- Organize and hold regular meetings for the clinic to facilitate open communication and teamwork.
- Responsible for Incident Reporting (relating to clinical incidents, technical issue, patient’s complains, compliance issue etc.) by performing investigation, handling situation appropriately and informing Clinical Manager and Operations Manager timely.
- Plan and prepare staff roster ensuring full coverage of clinical operations hours.
- Ensure that dialysis stations are managed and utilized to the maximum.
- Manage expectations and relationship between Medical Directors, doctors, clinic and patients.
- Collaborate with Clinical Manager in developing, implementing and auditing nursing standards.
- Participate in committee activities, surveys and research pertinent to nursing practice.
- Allocate staff and equipment as necessary to assure adequacy resources to meet care requirements.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and members of the health care team.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Quality Improvement Program for the clinic through regular audits, enhancement of current standards of care and active participation in the Accreditation processes.
- Ensure all equipment and consumables meet standard requirement, at optimal working condition and safe for patient’s use.
- Assume the duties of other staff in the clinic in the event of staffing shortage.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities assigned by Operations Manager and Head Office.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager, Director of Nursing and Clinical Manager in coordinating and ensuring that holistic patient’s care rendered is safe, competent and individualized.
- Provide doctor in charge with up-to-date information of patient’s clinical data and finding for effective and appropriate intervention.
- Provide regular structured and ad-hoc health education and counselling to patients, their family and care givers as a mean to improve the safety & quality of patients care.
- Participate and assist actively during doctor’s consultation round. Follow-up on doctor’s order.
- Demonstrate competency in the care and procedures relating to dialysis treatment according to clinical protocols.
- Perform the duties of Senior Staff Nurse in the area of patients care.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities assigned by Operations Manager, Director of Nursing and Clinical Manager.
Professional Development of Staff
- Conduct interview of potential new hires and provide constructive feedback to Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with Clinical Manager to conduct Orientation Program to train new staff (with / without renal experience) to assist new staff to progress from probationary to expert in the care of dialysis patients.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to existing staff for clinical and personal development leading to staff satisfaction and retention.
- Create a positive and performance oriented culture by building an open communication with the staff.
- Responsible for staff continuing education programs to maintain / advance required level of competency in the field of nephrology, dialysis and transplant. Maintain staff training record and updating HR timely.
- Collaborate with Clinical Manager to provide an optimal clinical learning environment, to review clinical performance and competencies of staff timely and to coach skill competency.
- Provide staff with an environment to special assignment / projects to assess staff competency and management of jobs assigned.
- Responsible for annual Performance Review of staff (including goal setting, midyear review and yearend review).
- Make promotional recommendation for performing staff to Operations Manager.
- Responsible to counsel staff in a manner that correct problems and promote professional growth.
- Initiate disciplinary action where appropriate and responsible for staff on performance improvement plan in compliance with company’s policies.
- Responsible for monitoring staff utilization of leave and over-time.
Professional Development of Self
- Assume responsibility for own professional competence by demonstrating willingness to evaluate own nursing practice.
- Participate in continuing education program to gain current knowledge of development.
- Maintain relevant membership in professional and related organization.
- Maintain a professional image among colleagues and public.
- Comply with Company dress code.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum 10 years nursing experience.
- Minimum 4 years renal experience.
- Minimum 2 years Nurse In Charge experience.
- RN / Conditional RN with SNB.
- Min 1 year as RN in Singapore.
- Certified and valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Valid Practicing Certificate.
- Strong administrative, organizational and planning capabilities.
- Good communication and excellent leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to patient care and development of multi-functional team.
- Good command of English and a local language preferred.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS-Office for words and excel.
Fresenius Medical Care Singapore Pte Ltd