The hiring organization is an acute-care hospital. The successful applicants will be tasked to provide personalized & cost-effective nursing care to patients, in compliance with the hospital’s policies, procedures & standards, and to ensure smooth running of the wards/departments they are assigned to. As well, they will perform team leadership roles.
- Provide nursing care using patient care plans/clinical pathways.
- Co-ordinate patients’ access and treatment sequence (where required) for the relevant specialty.
- Lead and participate in patient reviews with the multi-disciplinary medical team.
- Counsel and educate patients and their caregivers & family members.
- Carry out patient discharge planning.
- Follow up on patients at the cluster’s specialist outpatient clinics.
- Conduct specialty nurse-led clinics for patients and their families.
- Act as a resource person for clinical nursing matters.
- Help maintain patient consultation and training records.
- Carry out clinical supervision of nurses & nurse trainees, and contribute to their performance appraisal.
- Plan and implement in-service staff education & specialty training courses.
- Develop & review clinical pathways and other plans of care with specialty nurses, other NMs, doctors and paramedical staff.
- Formulate and review nursing practice policies, guidelines and standards.
- Assist with nursing audits, research activities and quality improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing with post-basic, advanced certification.
- Registered nurse with the Singapore Nursing Board.
- Minimum 8 years of post-registration clinical experience, of which at least 2 years in an assistant nurse clinician role.
- Passionate about nursing care delivery and people development.
- Good understanding of prevention of medico-legal issues in relation to patient care.
Orion Consulting Pte Ltd