NTUC Health Co-operative Ltd| Date Posted: 14-Nov-2019
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
The job-holder leads, coordinates and implement care, teaching and counselling to ensure personalised and cost-effective care is provided by nursing staff to residents in accordance to established policies and procedures, standards of nursing care and practices. Responsible for clinical practice and staff competency in the ward assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care of resident with complex healthcare needs according to updated standards of nursing practice.
- Conducts teaching and counselling for residents and their families/carers.
- Initiates and ensures implementation of discharge planning for residents with potential for discharge.
- Ensures residents care delivery is carried out according to established standards of care and practice.
- Ensures written policies and SOP is available and up to date to guide nursing practices.
- Provides direct care to residents to ensure compliance to standards
- Ensures smooth transition of residents from acute to chronic care and back to community where possible.
- Conducts nursing audits on nursing care standards and initiates strategies to resolve non-adherence issues.
- Directs and facilitates staff development, skills and competency upgrading through in-house training, approved online learning or formal education opportunities.
- Guides orientation/induction program and preceptorship for new staff.
- Supports the SNM in nursing home management and deputizes her in her absence.
- Acts as a resource person in clinical nursing and nursing training matters.
- Promotes evidence-based practices or nursing care delivery.
- Demonstrates awareness of current nursing and health care practices
- Monitors and analyzes trends and changing needs of residents in institutional settings.
- Conducts/champions Training/Quality Improvement/Research Projects
Secondary Responsibilities and duties
- Contributes to performance appraisals of staff nurses, assistant nurses, nursing aides and healthcare assistants.
- Takes on additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned by Director of Nursing.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Locally Trained Registered Nurse with Advanced Diploma in Nursing/Bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent preferred.
- Foreign Trained Registered Nurse with Degree or Diploma in Nursing with Board Pass (Professional Regulation Council, PRC)
- Registration with Singapore Nursing Board.
- Experience as Nurse Educator in the nursing home or hospital set up
Abilities and Attributes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong sense of integrity
- Possesses good inter-personal and supervisory skills