Network Engineer , Salary up to $4,500
Designs, supports, coordinates, controls and operates internal data or voice communication systems or specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video including Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems by conducting such activities as planning, configuring, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and tuning network infrastructure which might include routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, end offices, signalling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBXs), voice mail, call management systems (CMS) and network security devices. Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains data, voice or video network hardware and systems; investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of significance; researches, analyses, isolates and resolves errors; assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
- Provides technical support on data, voice or video networks for internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions; recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation and resolution.
- Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware, software, and system data for small to medium sized networks. Installs network applications on network servers or voice equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems. Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end offices, signalling transfer points, private branch exchanges (PBX), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for maintenance.
- Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN, WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements. Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signalling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements.
- Prepares routine cost analyses and vendor comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred 2+ years of enterprise level experience with network switching, routing, firewalls, wireless networking, etc., or an equivalent combination of education, certification(s), and/or related experience
- Experience working with local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues
- Experience working with Data Centre networking and network architecture experience
- Experience working with Network security and network architecture experience
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server)
- CCNA, CCNP, or Security+ desired/preferred
Interested applicants, please Email [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Jane Ng Wei Ling
Recruit Express Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 99C4599
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recruit Express Pte Ltd