Network Engineer- L3
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.| Date Posted: 17-Nov-2020
EA Licence No: 14C6941|EA Personal Registration No: R1436393
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
JOB DESCRIPTION – (L3/SME) Network Engineer
Permanent with ICS
Required Key Skills
- Expert level knowledge in implementation and maintenance of Cisco Routers and Switches of all series.
- Expert knowledge in Cisco IOS
- Expert knowledge in implementation and operations support of NAC (network access control)
- Expert knowledge in Aruba Clear Pass / Cisco ISE
- Good knowledge in Wireless Network / Access Points / Controllers support and troubleshooting
- Expert level understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Provide Level-3 technical support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- CCIE/CCNP certification
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, Packet Tracers and network analytics tools like SolarWinds and WhatsUp Gold
- Expert level hands-on experience in working on Firewall Products like Cisco ASA, FortiGate, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Expert level hands-on experience in Aruba ClearPass/Cisco ISE, Cisco wireless controllers
- Hands-on in F5 load balancers (LTM)
- 10+ years of experience in network & network security operations/product support.
- Workplace is at customer premises and staff must follow instituted Workplace securities
- Perform Problem resolution, escalation and/or closure of high severity incidents including problem analysis and identification of the source of the problem w.r.t Routing and Switching
- Perform major configuration change activities
- Handle network issue escalations within in the team from level2 engineers, liaise with product vendors / TAC for issue resolution within the specified SLA timelines.
- Provide problem status to the Service Desk and/or update into the ticketing tool according to the Procedures Manual
- Perform day-to-day Network operation for the Network Infra-structure and Network Equipment at the customer/IBM premises, including performance monitoring, bandwidth monitoring.
- Work with customer's vendor to perform testing and preventative maintenance according to the schedule provided by the customer for the Network Equipment
- Guide the level1 & 2 engineers in performing periodic OS upgrade and Patching as and when required.
- 24X5 rotational shift onsite availability and 24X7 standby / remote support availability as and when needed for critical incidents.
- Perform Problem resolution, escalation and/or closure of incident including problem analysis and identification of the source of the problem
- Provide proactive incident reports for all Network related problems, faults, events within TWENTY-FOUR (24) hours
- Respond to all fault calls inclusive of emails and other forms of communications for Firewall related issues and problems reported
- Escalate the problem to Vendors Support in timely manner and get the issue resolved within the specified time as agreed with the customer/IBM
- Provide multi-vendor equipment support across a wide range of models and types of networking equipment
- Maintain the inventory of certificates and install/update/renew certificates as and when required.
- Perform security activities like hardening/periodic health check/ ID validation and other compliance activities as per IBM security policies and standards.
- Maintain/Update IBM inventory list and compliance related databases or similar Databases.
- Maintain the device inventory list for the client when needed, Maintain the software/firmware for all the devices up to date
- Subscribe to vendor notifications for the managed devices for vulnerabilities and review/validate/apply security patches pro-actively.
- Perform device activation / deactivation as per IBM service activation and deactivation process.
- Maintain the IP address inventory and allocate new IP address when required by business.
- Engage third part vendors to resolve hardware issues and follow up till closure
- Monitor vendor End of Life / End of Support notifications for all In Scope Devices and inform the client.
EA License No. - 14C6941
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.