Network Engineer - L1
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.| Date Posted: 23-Oct-2020
EA Licence No: 14C6941|EA Personal Registration No: R1436393
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, Diploma
JOB DESCRIPTION – Network Engineer – Routing and Switching (Level-1)
Required Key Skills
- Good knowledge in implementation and maintenance of Cisco Routers and Switches of all series.
- Good knowledge in Cisco IOS
- Average knowledge in implementation and operations support of NAC (network access control)
- Average knowledge in Wireless Network / Access Points / Controllers support and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Provide Level-1 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Preferred CCNA certification
- Knowledge on monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Preferred knowledge on Firewall Products like Cisco ASA, FortiGate, Palo Alto, Aruba ClearPass, Cisco ISE
- Workplace is at customer premises and staff has to follow instituted Workplace securities
- Provide problem status to the Service Desk and/or update into the ticketing tool according to the Procedures Manual
- Perform day-to-day Network operation for the Network Infra-structure and Network Equipment at the customer/IBM premises, including performance monitoring, bandwidth monitoring.
- Work with customer's vendor to perform testing and preventative maintenance according to the schedule provided by the customer for the Network Equipment
- Perform periodic OS upgrade and Patching as and when required.
- 24X5 rotational shift onsite availability and 24X7 standby / remote support availability as and when needed for critical incidents.
- Assist Level 2 engineers in with first level Problem resolution, escalation and/or closure of incident including problem analysis and identification of the source of the problem
- Assist Level 2 engineers in providing proactive incident reports for all Network related problems, faults, events within TWENTY-FOUR (24) hours
- Respond to all fault calls inclusive of emails and other forms of communications for Firewall related issues and problems reported
- Escalate the problem to Vendors Support in timely manner and get the issue resolved within the specified time as agreed with the customer/IBM
- Provide multi-vendor equipment support across a wide range of models and types of networking equipment
- Maintain the inventory of certificates and install/update/renew certificates as and when required.
- Maintain/Update IBM inventory list and compliance related databases or similar Databases.
- Maintain the device inventory list for the client when needed, Maintain the software/firmware for all the devices up to date
- Maintain the IP address inventory and allocate new IP address when required by business.
- Engage third part vendors to resolve hardware issues and follow up till closure
- Monitor vendor End of Life / End of Support notifications for all In Scope Devices and inform the client.
EA License No. - 14C6941
Infinite Computer Solutions Pte. Ltd.