Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Solid knowledge of IP fundamentals including IP addressing and VLSM, VLAN, and routing configuration.
- Extensive knowledge and troubleshooting ability of TCP/IP, routing (BGP, IGPs and MPLS ) and link layer protocols
- Lead and participate on projects that affect the network, meeting massive scaling, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Experience in managing networking technologies (Structured Cabling, WAN, LAN, VPN, Network Security, Wireless).
- Experience in either network deployment, IP networking or optical experience, or a combination of them.
- Responsible for planning, installation, configuration and administration of Network Infrastructure.
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the network infrastructure focusing on operational reliability and final point of escalation for the network.
- Work on improving processes and automation for networking infrastructure and supporting systems
- Perform evaluation, proof of concept and provide recommendations
- Required to write incident reports in regards to the network
- Manage daily network operations
- with five(5) years experience working as Network Engineer/Administrator
EA License No. - 14C6941