Req. ID: 95342
As an IT Network Engineer at Micron, you will be responsible for the operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) of Micron’s data communications systems. You will support the acquisition, installation, maintenance, and administration of Micron’s data and voice communications systems. Network Engineers specialize in LAN/WAN, Wireless, and Telecommunications hardware, software and cabling. You will regularly work with Micron’s Business Units to ensure solutions meet or exceed business requirements. You will be expected to suggest, promote, and leverage published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Plan, design, and analyze costs of network (wired and wireless), voice, data, and video infrastructure for mergers, acquisitions, and new/existing site construction or expansion.
- Determine the needs of the site (bandwidth, network, etc.).
- Research new equipment based on needs and end of life for the equipment based on the IT Roadmap.
- Minimize the cost of new equipment within budget constraints.
- Analyze, compare, and determine the cost of implementing new technology or services.
- Participate in the project planning process.
- Determine, recommend, and coordinate needed equipment (routers, circuits, concentrators, switches, servers, etc.).
- Define the timeline for interaction with vendors, service providers, and business units for integration of services and systems.
- Integrate the current design of previously existing network into the Micron enterprise network.
- Coordinate and facilitate the integration and support for new equipment.
- Optimize the performance of new equipment.
- Determine equipment that needs to be retired and the replacement.
- Work with the global network teams to incorporate Micron standards and best practices into local site network builds.
- Collaborate with the IT Security team.
Provide operational support for network (wired and wireless), voice, data, and video infrastructure for the worldwide Micron enterprise.
- Manage and maintain the existing environment.
- Integrate and support new technology that requires network transport.
- Respond appropriately to alarms, alerts, and notifications for the environment from the management system.
- Maintain the information in the management system.
- Manage contractor support personnel in the operational tasks.
- Provide an escalation point for global operational network teams.
- Coordinate with vendors regarding updates to equipment and the equipment lifecycle.
- Monitor the needs of the site (bandwidth, network, etc.).
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers, and business units for upgrades of services and systems.
- Optimize performance of existing and new equipment.
- Configure and operate equipment that is supported.
- Document processes and procedures.
Communicate the status of the unified network (wired and wireless), voice, data, and video infrastructure.
- Provide formal corporate communications on directional changes or changes that will impact existing services.
- Keep business units informed on the status.
- Educate business units on the feasibility and limitations of the technologies in the environment.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding network performance.
- Communicate and collaborate with peer groups (enterprise architects, security team, server team, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Computer Science (preferred)
- Information Technology or related field of study
3 years’ experience in any of the following:
- Wireless LAN Networks
- Cisco systems
- Business operations
- Cost accounting
- Voice communication system (Avaya preferred)
- Network monitoring and management applications
- IP address management, routing management, subnetting, VLAN management
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring
Certified in CCNA, CCNP
Location: F10W - 1 Woodlands Industrial Park D Street 1, Singapore 738799
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-SING ||
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Network Engineer, Construction, Technology, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia