Nautical Systems Consultant
Responsible for maintaining overall product knowledge offered by Nautical Systems in support of internal and external clients.
- Receive consulting direction and guidance from a Senior Consultant or Manager of Nautical Systems.
- Confer with clients, determine and itemize need of their business processes that require adaptation of internal systems.
- Assist with development of specifications or modifications that can be incorporated as additional functionality into internal systems.
- Act as liaison between clients and NS System Developers.
- Assist clients with understanding the use and application of software products and services offered by Nautical Systems.
- As directed, perform system installations in client offices and vessels.
- Assist product support group with technical systems support via telephone or on site visits.
- Assist in the internal training of ABS-NS employees as needed or directed.
- Participate in the final phases of new system functionality testing to ensure correctness and compliance with clients’ requirements.
- Maintain and update projects in the project artifact management system.
- On occasion, may be required to work side-by-side with a more experienced Senior Consultant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR)
- Experience in the marine or offshore related industry.
- An expert in at least one of the areas covered by the software, i.e., maintenance, purchasing, etc.
- Needs to be familiar with the ABS Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Management System.
Minimum years of Experience
Experience with wide area networking and telecommunications, minimum three (3) years of experience preferred
Required/Preferred Education Requirements
An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience and training preferred
ABS Consulting Inc.