MSB - System & Software Application Engineer
Req. ID: 119226
- Perform systems design to support operation productivity initiatives, cost reduction and breakthrough activities
- Design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications for automation, manufacturing system and tracking system. This software consists of both internal Micron applications and third-party vendor applications.
- Design, implement and manage mission critical databases and data warehouse for Manufacturing, yield improvement and Engineering operations
- Evaluate and propose database tools, technologies and methodologies to continuously enhance database system performance, reliability and availability
- Conduct and participate in research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the software development life cycle
- Take ownership for area of support and projects with understanding of business process in the area of responsibility
- Work in several areas of software development as part of a team or independently
- Participate, collaborate and work with global counterparts or customers on issues, and support improvement and development efforts
- Proactively engage with customers to establish key areas of strategic technology to leverage competitive advantage of IT to support business needs
- Demonstrate good understanding of business processes, of how core systems are used in business and their inter-related dependencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering/Computer Science/Computing
- 2 to 3 years working experience with software development and support background
- Good knowledge and programming experience in C#, C++, ASP.net, VB, PERL, SQL, HTML/CGI, SECS/GEM, XML/XSLT, Python, Andriod or iOS and SOAP messaging
- Experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle or similar products; experience with database programming and a working knowledge of SQL or PL/SQL
- Knowledge in operating systems for Windows
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and methodology
- Understanding of the working of RDBMS
- Ability to plan, develop and meet project delivery schedules, and to manage multiple software projects concurrently
- Analytical, self-motivated, result-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Customer-oriented with good interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
Location: 990 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339942
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || College || Regular || Engineering || #LI-IT1 ||
Job Segment: Application Engineering, Developer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Oracle, Engineering, Technology
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.