MSB RDA/ Metrology Engineer
Req. ID: 123717
As a Metrology/RDA Engineer in MSB, you have the opportunity to work with a cross functional team from different areas of the plant. You will meet regularly with the process areas to understand their tools and processes so as to create measurement recipes that can provide quick and accurate feedback on the product integrity, thus ensuring quality output. As technology advances, you will be constantly challenged with the need to innovate for newer, faster and better modes of monitoring. Besides working with the process areas, you will also liaise with vendors to explore best known methods to maintain high tool performance and embark on possible ways of cost reduction to ensure our product retains its competitiveness in the market. Additionally, you will be working in a clean/non-clean room environment.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Enable production Metro/RDA needs.
- Provide first level of support for engineering requests, recipe maintenance, tool recovery and basic troubleshooting of tool issues
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Equipment and Process Engineering teams to set daily priorities and enable efficient communication.
- Provide support and liaise with tool owners and vendors for long term down equipment, tool installation, relocation and upgrades, Preventive Maintenance (PM) and/or Corrective Maintenance (CM) schedule on tools
- Ensure all Special Work Requests (SWRs) are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Production, Equipment and Process Engineering teams to optimize tool maintenance schedules and utilization
- Partner with Process, Equipment Engineering and capacity teams to determinie sampling strategy to meet Production, Process Control and Quality requirement
Monitor and ensure all Metro/RDA tool meet measurement and inspection standards.
- Set up tool qualification criteria, implement, monitoring through Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Make decisions on how to address tools and products that are out of control for established SPC rules for both process and defect related issues
- Develop and manage projects designed to reduce cost, reduce tool measurement variability, improve availability, and find solutions to ongoing problems
- Partner with Process, Equipment Owners and vendors for equipment upgrades/enhancements to improve tool performance
- Perform periodic assessment, tool-to-tool matching and GR and R, etc. to ensure tool measurement accuracy.
Evaluation and enable next generation tool to close metrology gaps.
- Partner with the metrology/inspection tool vendors to develop new hardware, software, and technologies.
- Work with Manufacturing, Process and Equipment team on tool/product requirements.
- Perform tool evaluation and buy-off
Seek and drive methodology breakthrough to improve efficiency in metro/rda function.
- Drive process improvement through new recipe creation that helps to provide accurate and faster feedback to the line, thereby improving the confidence level of the product.
- Participate in world-wide discussions for continuous improvement on the toolset(s) assigned across Micron sites.
- Set up processes, design and implement process monitoring, control methodologies.
- Establish business process standards, specifications and documents.
- Continuously Improve the Reaction Mechanisms and Procedures based on feedback from the end users.
- Work with peer groups to test and vet new Reaction Mechanisms and Procedures
- Write and publish reports that summarize projects, detection capability improvements, manufacturing productivity and cost reduction work.
Mentor, coach and train
- Provide active leadership to drive group to higher levels of proficiency
- Mentor peers or junior team members.
- Provide training and guidance.
Coordinate/Support calibration activities to ensure compliance to specifications
- Create and maintain calibration procedures
- Supervise calibration activity in calibration lab
- Maintain calibration lab and references standard or masters
- Select and utilize proper test equipment and tools
- Comply with standardize procedures and guidelines
- Stay current on process and equipment procedures
- Keep work areas clean and organize
- Install/Setup new equipment
- Modify/Convert equipment as needed
- Use problem solving skills to resolve issues before they escalate
- Drives calibration laboratory continuous improvement programs
- Review and align internal specifications with reference to industry and customer requirements
- Conducts systems audits and reviews in order to establish an efficient calibration system
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
More than 1 year experience in any of the following:
- Semiconductor Assembly
- Metrology/RDA experience will be advantage
- Knowledge of semiconductor Metrology/RDA equipment (i.e. AOI 2D/3D, X-Ray, CSAM, 3D Confocal Measurement) will be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), process control and its reaction mechanism
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot problems and identify root causes
- Ability to facilitate meetings and achieve cross area engagement
- Good documentation skills with strong attention to details
- Proven strong analytical and data summary skills
- Ability to motivate a group of people toward a common goal.
- Ability to work and lead cross-functional team project.
- Experience in MSA (Measurement System Analysis) is an added advantage
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || Central Singapore (SG-01) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Manufacturing/Production Operations || #LI-IT1 ||
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Process Engineer, Inspector, Science, Engineering, Quality