Member Engagement Executive
Straits Clan is a private members’ club where a community of progressive thought-leaders, inspired by a dynamic roster of best-in-class content, come together to do more and do better. Our community is made up of rising stars, future leaders, cultural enthusiasts and multi-hyphenates who are looking to meet like-minded people. They are, quite simply put, interesting people with a great story to tell and an innate curiosity about the world we live in. Located on Bukit Pasoh Road, once known as the Street of Clans, our club resides within a four-story 22,000 sq. ft. heritage-listed building in Singapore’s historic Chinatown district. It pays tribute to generations past in celebrating the spirit of community and a thirst for change.
The Role: Member Engagement Executive
We’re looking for a plugged-in culture vulture who understands the trends of the day across various industries to help enliven our community by connecting them in just the right ways and by providing them with the right club resources to make their initiatives big and small happen.
You will be supported by an inclusive team in a fun and high-performing environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build relationships with the industry leaders and rising stars who make up our membership base.
What you'll do:
- Manage our small communities, called Clan Circles by taking part in conversations and providing logistical support to our Clan Circles that meet over whatsapp, in-person on a monthly basis for small gatherings, and in-person on a quarterly basis for larger events. Our circles are: Arts Design and Culture, Philosophy Circle, Current Events Circle, Wellness Circle, Philosophy Circle, Social Impact Circle, Startups & Entrepreneurship Circle, Wine & Dine Circle
- Amplify our work by actively engaging in conversations in person, over whatsapp, and social media, and writing compelling copy and producing strong marketing materials for the initiatives generated by our clan circles
- Maintain our ongoing community programs and partner-led programs: contribute to the larger programming team by organizing these community-led and partner-led activities and writing marketing copy for them
- Whiskey and wine tastings
- Themed clan circle gatherings
- Quarterly clan circle programming (larger events)
- Quarterly programming partners: sustainability (Green Is The New Black), current affairs, (FEED) adventure (Royal Geographical Society), and lifestyle (jazz night, mahjong, film screening nights)
- Introduce members to each other so they can make meaningful connections: have a good enough understanding of what our members do for work and what their personal passions are so you can connect the dots and introduce them to each other
- Keep an eye on current trends across sectors (current affairs, lifestyle and entertainment, entrepreneurship, etc.) and think of ways our members can engage with up and coming thought leaders and movements. Feed our team with “the beat” and what our programming team should be doing to stay current.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members and leverage their resources and network for the good of the community (get speakers, knowledge, prospective members, etc.)
- Support the production of overall club activities: by being present at events, welcoming guests at registration, supporting the team with event logistics, connecting with members, etc.
- Produce lifestyle events to gather our members such as jazz nights, comedy nights, masquerade balls, anniversary party, New Year’s Eve party, Halloween party, DJ nights, and newly conceptualized lifestyle events
Who you are:
- A culture vulture with high curiosity about the world around you, opinions about the trends of the day, and a strong interest in what is going on locally and internationally
- A curious and plugged-in person who can talk about anything with anyone for two minutes, from lifestyle to current events to business
- A strong sense of urgency, a hustle, and a genuine passion to connect our members with each other in a meaningful way and enable them to do more and do better
- A proactive self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment and occasionally extending themselves beyond their role
The Lo & Behold Group