Mechanical Maintenance Technician
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD| Date Posted: 11-May-2020
Entry Level, Experienced
ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma
- Execute tasks/activities such as Preventive, Corrective maintenance and Project executions at site effectively & efficiently
- Lead and supervise contractors or third party vendors to execute maintenance tasks/acttivities at site effectively and efficiently
- Ensure all site execution are performed in accordance with all maintenance work procedures / OEM manuals / company standards to ensure site quality , asset integrity and operability.
- Ensure all site executions are performed in accordance with all Local Statutory and Company safety processes to achieve good safety records / results.
- Responsible as competent Applicant for Permit-To Work, Job safety analysis (JSA), Lock-out, Tag-out (LOTO) or Defeat of Safety Critical Equipment (DOSCE) during associate maintenance activities.
- Participate and contribute in maintenance documentation review such as Safe Work Procedures (SWP), Job Safety (JSA) and What-If Analysis.
- To maintain work progress status and report Supervisors on daily or ad-hoc basis,
- Responsible as Work Executor in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) workflow to receive, update and close up assigned Work Orders & checklists.
- Create new Work Orders as Work Initiator in the CMMS workflow to report new Corrective actions / abnormal conditions.
- To perform suggest and execute ideas for continuous improvement in maintenance procedures and processes to improve or optimize maintenance costs, work processes and safety standards.
- Assist to lead equipment training to the operations department or new trainees.
- Attend and participate in all routine Safety drills or trainings.
- Participate in equipment / asset troubleshooting & failure analysis and assist to close up recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Attend external Dactory Acceptance of Change (MOC), Hazard & Operability (HAZOP) Review and any Growth / Service Project Scopes development / review to contribute on maintenance and on site knowledge.
- Assist to maintain spare parts inventory levels, support on delivery checks by suppliers and maintain good preservation / housekeeping in the stores.
- Assistt maintenance Supervisor and Planner to ensure proper documentation of maintenance records.
Skills & Knowledge:
- At least 1-10 years relevant maintenance experience.
- ITE or Diploma equivalent in Maintenance.
- Maintenance and inspection of tanks and pipelines.
- Maintenance and operations of terminal equipment and assets for product transfer, legal statutory equipment and utility equipment.
- Maintenance and Operations of Terminal equipment and assets for jetty/ berthing such as quick release capstan / hooks, gangway / jib cranes etc.
- Maintenance and inspections of vapor treatment units like scrubbers, elevated flare, ground combustor, flameless thermal oxidizers.
- Remove, disassembly and assembly of Pumps and other rotating equipment.
- Alignment and experience in using dial indicator, laser alignment kit and etc.
- Technique and principles of rotating equipment lubrication.
- Mechanical seal, O rings and its application.
- Coupling, gland packing & mechanical seals removal and installation.
- Cooling tower fans and gearbox repair and maintenance
- Blowers, air compressor and fan repair and maintenance.
- Familiar with bearing and its application and handling equipment.
- Some knowledge on the subject of vibration.
- Familiar with preventive maintenance procedures and its implementation.
- Familiar with some tools for measuring machinery equipment performance.
- Abiliity to interpret P & IDs, PFDs, isometric drawings, and computer literacy.
SGS TESTING & CONTROL SERVICES SINGAPORE PTE LTD