MECHANICAL ENGINEER, FACILITIES
Req. ID: 115721
As the Facilities worldwide operations and mechanical engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support, expertise, and lead business process alignment on operational and maintenance programs for the facility mechanical systems at all front and back end sites. As a global team member residing in your current site/geography, you will represent all facility O&M alignment initiatives. You will also support the design and construction team providing critical operational and maintenance design input and support construction projects as needed.
Critical metrics include eliminating production events that minimize lost moves and scrap.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Expert understanding of each sites mechanical systems operational and maintenance capabilities in order to provide critical support
- In addition to your global mechanical engineering role you will also provide site/regional support for global facility initiatives at your location
- Technically lead a global cross functional team focused on operational excellence with the site gas systems engineers
- Provide support to all sites including on site presence for critical mechanical failures
- Actively involved in TPM implementation and alignment along with ongoing support for mechanical systems
- Drive improvement in the quality of our utilities through variation reduction (SPC).
- Drive the alignment for common methodologies including SPC, conformance, SIPP’s, MOC and 8D problem solving throughout the network for gas systems
- Identify and deploy cost reduction efforts while optimizing and reducing energy usage for mechanical systems throughout the network
- Assess and insure effective and consistent PM and predictive maintenance programs, procedures and checklists across the network
- Regular communication with the site engineering and O&M teams on status and performance
- Analyze and benchmark equipment performance.
- Identify and develop training and certification programs that support global and site efforts
- Develop appropriate metrics to drive improvement (On time PM’s, MTTF, MTTR etc.)
- Send out regular updates with key items of focus and initiatives.
- You will review FIPA/METS events and provide recommendations to drive the reduction of critical mechanical impact events.
- Collaborate with the construction / engineering team to insure alignment on projects
- Review site sustaining capital requests in collaboration with construction/engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical and good decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration with other groups, internally and externally
- Proven ability to solve problems across multi-functional and multi-cultural groups within and outside facilities
- Proven ability to multi-task and lead team to meet challenging deadlines and goals
- Proven ability to continuously improve systems and processes
- Ability to foster strong relationships from cross-functional and multi-cultural groups
- Exceptional customer focus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or any related field of study
- 5+ years of Facility Engineering experience
- Lead or actively involved in global facility engineering efforts
Location: F10N - 1 North Coast Drive, Singapore 757432
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: SINGAPORE || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Frontend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-KL1 ||
Job Segment: Facilities, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Operations, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia
Micron Technology is a world leader in memory and semiconductor technology. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMC, and other semiconductor solutions. For more than 38 years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what’s possible. We continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.