MCT MQE Fault Detection/Data Engineer
Req. ID: 112604
As an FDC Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will responsible for, but not limited to, developing/improving/maintaining Fault Detection and Classification strategies at our manufacturing facilities across Backend Operation, understanding system dependencies, project planning, engaging in cost reduction efforts, and actively participating in Environmental, Health, Safety and Security procedures. You will work with Manufacturing Central Team (MCT) Engineering and Backend Site Quality teams to provide direction and assistance with FD functions. You will help to coordinate and implement FD control systems across multiple international facilities with the aim at reducing overall product & process variation which will result in higher process margins, increased yield and reliability with lower costs.
It is highly desirable if the applicant has experience in using machine learning and statistical techniques to create state-of-the-art data products (decision support and decision automation data systems), utilizing extensive and diverse Big Data sets from our manufacturing teams.
Responsibilities and Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Deploy standards and Business process for Fault Detection and Classification for Semiconductor Manufacturing Facilities:
- Identify Fault Detection and Classification Dependencies
- Fault Detection and Classification for specific manufacturing area
- Implement, comply, maintain and improve established standards
- Test and implement system changes and improvements
- Manage the implementation of controlled modifications using Change Management methodologies, from network support and direction drive perspective. Support sites on:
- Deployment and on-going maintenance of FDC strategies (data collection, summarized indicators, limits, OCAPS, etc.) using AMAT E3 in an effort to minimize risks of excursion and scrap
- Troubleshoot strategy/tool/system related issues, including proper documentation, escalation, and follow-up to completion
- Monitor strategy performance and effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement
- Define and deploy worldwide FDC best known methods (BKM), business rules and standards, and change management procedures
- Align, share, and review FDC strategy best practices and excursion/scrap prevention with world-wide sites FD counterparts.
- Frequent interaction with customers, and general support to explore and analyze and promote the use of FDC data
- Understand and Maintain System Dependencies:
- Evaluate and monitor user lists for program access in compliance with established product integrity, security, and intellectual property rights’ protection standards
- Facilitate Fault Detection and Classification
- Coordinate Fault Detection and Classification tasks utilizing various programs, including MAM, Process Control Systems, Statistical Process Control, Advanced Process Control, Fault Detection and Classification, GEM/SECS/GOUI, Engineering Change Notice, and Global Conversion Process
- Project Planning
- Act as a liaison between information systems, production area management, and engineering management in matters concerning Fault Detection and Classification
- Anticipate or diagnose automation issues across multiple equipment types within a given manufacturing area
- Define and deploy projects that have impact on a global scale
- Organize and execute project plans efficiently and effectively
- Cost Reduction
- As a Team Member at Micron, you are responsible for reducing costs associated with your area. This responsibility may include owning and completing cost reduction projects, identifying cost effective sustaining/manufacturing improvements, minimizing regular expenditures, and helping to promote a cost-conscious culture.
- Ensure that effective requirements, standards and procedures exist for functional areas and sites to accomplish given manufacturing operations
- Provide direction on the facilitation of the practical application of FD within Backend Manufacturing environment
- Work with global teams such as Global Quality, Site Quality teams, Operations Central Teams, and IT to assess the compliance of functional areas and sites to global standards
- Ensure all business needs are properly documented, validated, and escalated as needed.
- Analyze findings and assess potential problems within functional areas and sites
- Compile and issue formal reports detailing findings and potential problems
- Follow up on action items to ensure solutions/corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure solutions/corrective actions are aligned throughout the backend manufacturing network
- Ensure BKM sharing and alignment spans across all functional areas and sites regardless of technology and/or site mission differences
- Facilitate and maintain world class data analysis skill sets and tools in Micron for engineering efficiency to support data driven decisions by engineers
- Provide tactical support to the MFG Sites as required for issues of yield and quality, working with other peer groups
- A working knowledge of a wide variety of applied statistical methods, including categorical data analysis, statistical sampling methodology and applied statistics for quality and productivity improvement, such as SPC, design of experiments (DOE), multiple regression and ANOVA, nonlinear regression, logistic regression, random/mixed/fixed effects and variance components modeling, statistical reliability methods, nonparametric statistics, survey design and analysis, re-sampling methods, mathematical statistics, and others
- Desire to identify and/or work on data analysis projects that will improve product (NAND, DRAM, etc.) yield and quality, reduce costs and cycle time, and optimize business practices
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques
- Ability to work with small, big, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Ability to teach short-courses in applied statistics to engineers and technical management
- Capable of visually summarizing and presenting advanced analytical results and monetary benefits to middle and executive management
- General understanding of the back end operations for component assembly, component test, module/SSD assembly & test, and Finished Goods
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Strong software development skills.
- Well versed in Tableau and visualization software, JMP or analytical tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong plus point if the desirable skillsets are available:
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase)
- Teradata and/or another SQL databases
- Tensorflow, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- Experience working with time series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus.
- Able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to move projects effectively through project lifecycle – initiate, plan, execute, and close – while balancing time, cost, quality, scope and risk / opportunity constraints
- Motivate stakeholders and all project team members to take ownership of project and its success
- Direct and coordinate the activities of others to accomplish project tasks successfully
- Prioritize and manage multiple conflicting projects based on Backend and corporate objectives
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and enable projects that support Company, MCT and site objectives
- Develop metrics for benchmarking Performance. Identify and share BKMs across departments and sites and track compliance in aligning to BKM’s
- Communicate and respond to issues in a timely manner
- Use active listening skills to effectively communicate with other team members
- Express ideas and issues in an organized, effective, and respectful manner
- Use voice, tone, and body language to enhance communication
- Written communication is complete, concise, grammatically correct, and appropriate for the audience
- Invite feedback for clarification and self-improvement
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity - Show respect for different cultures and languages; learn to pronounce names correctly; speak English slowly and clearly when interacting with non-native English speakers; invite feedback to ensure others understand
- Use conference call etiquette and enforce during all meetings
- Be an active participant in all group discussions, meetings, etc… (internal and external)
- Flexible and accommodating but willing to voice opinions and make recommendations
- Minimum B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, and/or Engineering with an emphasis in Applied Statistics
- Minimum 3 years of experience in semiconductor industry applying a variety of statistical methods, including process control and metrology
- Experience with R, JMP, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- Periodic travel to MFG sites for cross-training, alignment activities and/or auditing purposes
- Not Specified
- Not Specified
Hiring Managers: Tony LAI
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Singapore || North West (SG-03) || Singapore (SG) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LY1 ||
Job Segment: Database, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Technology, Engineering
Micron Semiconductor Asia